Sunday 24 November 2013

V&A visit

It has been a while since I have looked forward to a weekend this much. Of course, I look forward to every weekend but this has been one of those weeks. After a busy Monday and Tuesday (already addressed in the last post) Wednesday wasn’t all that great either when I discovered a disgusting amount of mould on my wall and even some of my books. We’ve had mould issues for a while which our landlords promised to fix but it’s taking a while.

Anyway, on Thursday night I had a catch up with my friend Katherine. I hadn’t seen Katherine in forever so we spent the evening chatting over some lovely food at Wahaca (we had a selection platter of tapas) and then walked by Southbank. It was a lovely evening!

I had a lazy, early night in on Friday and after way too much sleep, woke up fresh-faced on Saturday and went into crazy-cleaning-lady mode. I decided to completely rearrange my room, move my bed and shelves to different sides of the room (away from the mouldy wall), deep clean the entire room, including the disgusting wall. This ‘lovely’ task took my entire morning and quite a bit of the afternoon. I spent the rest of the day watching plenty of telly and trying to keep warm (the latter part was unsuccessful).
In the evening, my friend Rosie came over for dinner. We were supposed to go out for some dancing but since she was on antibiotics and Steph was unwell, we stayed and chatted over some homemade veggie chilli (pretty yummy, even if I do say so myself), lemon tart (shop bought) and wine (not for Rosie, of course). It was the nicest evening!
Today, after an awful night’s sleep, I spent the morning in bed with too much coffee, some leftover lemon tart and Hart of Dixie (it’s my addiction!) Being sick of all the lazy, I eventually got myself up and ready and headed to the V&A. I had never been there before and figured it was high time I gave the place a visit.
I’m not a fan of sculptures and didn’t look enough into the exhibitions enough to buy a ticket for one so I was a little doubtful on how well the trip would go but actually it was really interesting! I did end up ignoring all the sculptures but the some of the architectural pieces were incredible, as were the East Asian rugs and furniture- the work was so intricate, I was amazed someone did that 100s of years ago in a pre-computer age!

After a bit more mooching, I got the train up to High Street Kensington to pop into some shops, including WholeFoods. I haven’t been there for a while and bought the odd “healthy” snack, including my new food obsession; pitta chips (I ate so much, I now feel a little sick). The evening was spent watching more Hart of Dixie and sorting some admin stuff out on my computer which has made me so sleepy and my eyes slightly square!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment