Saturday 16 November 2013

Lazy/productive: same difference?

We're halfway through the weekend and I chose to spend the first half of it being lazy. Kind of. Being lazy, meant I wasn't rushing around like a loony, trying to do 101 things like I seem to have been doing, nevertheless it turned out quite productive.

Missing a day and a half of work this week meant that Friday flew by. Before I knew it (and before I managed to cross everything off my to-do list) it was 5:30 pm and the start of the weekend. After work, I took Edita to the gym, as promised. After a very long gym session (probably because of all the chatting), we went out for a bite to each. Most of the places around Fleet Street were already closed so we picked the only place that was open: Poncho 8 - a burrito place on New Street. The burritos were delicious and the staff were incredibly friendly so all in all, it was a great dinner! After way too much food, me and Edita walked up to Southbank where the little Christmas market was officially in full swing! It was hard to ignore the festive atmosphere. That, coupled with a Baileys Latte (I know!) and a girly catch up, I had the perfect Friday evening!
No thanks to my body clock, I failed to have a lie in this morning and felt a bit groggy and under the weather. Using that as an excuse, I had a lazy morning on the sofa, searching for Christmas presents. Eventually I got myself ready and out of the house to head up to Westfields. It was nice to spend the day on my own (whilst also being surrounded by endless amounts of people, of course) and just mooch around from shop to shop. I managed to get quite a few Christmas presents which feels great! I know we are still quite a while away from the big day, but I want to get all the shopping out of the way, leaving me with all the fun of wrapping and card-writing closer to the time. In the midst of all of walking, I found some beautiful home decorations at Next which reminded me that I haven't bought anything for my room in forever! It took every fibre of self-control not to buy everything!
Addicted to this picture frame (or 9)
I returned home absolutely shattered. Although I feel like I haven't done that much, the day really took it out of me and in spite of my best intentions to go out for a friend's birthday, I decided that a night in is probably the best thing for my immune system at the moment. I spent the evening watching rubbish telly with Steph over some Dominos pizza and although it feels really weird and unnatural to be lazy on a Saturday, doing so little, I think it's exactly what I needed.

Night

Roo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment