Thursday 14 November 2013

Spa day

Not many girls would say no to a spa day. So when it came to buying my mum’s birthday present (back in August!) I bought her a voucher for the spa and afternoon tea at Montcalm Hotel for her and myself. Well yesterday was the day that we (finally) made use of that voucher!

Having booked the Wednesday off, I had been looking forward to it all week but had the worst start to the day, waking up sneezing, with a sore throat and a headache. The morning was really rushed and quite stressful too: I headed up to Wimbledon to pick up my mum’s Christmas present which I had ordered online and tried to fix my phone at the store but before anything could be fixed, I had to rush off. major fail!

From there on, however the day got much better. I met my mum at Charring Cross, so we mooched around Leicester Square before walking by Southbank where we grabbed a Baileys Latte at Benugo at BFI (this might be a new addiction), up to St James Park and eventually ended up at Marble Arch.

Having never been to Montcalm before, I didn’t have the highest expectations but both me and mum had the nicest afternoon! We first had afternoon tea, which included way too much food and just enough tea (I am only a tea person when it’s too late in the day to drink coffee) , all of which was delicious! We then headed down to the spa which wasn’t particularly big – it had a Jacuzzi, a steam room, a sauna and a smallish-pool – but since we had the whole place to ourselves it was perfect!
After the spa, we were thoroughly relaxed (and a little sleepy) and had a walk down Bond Street, doing some window shopping, along with some actual shopping – I managed to cross another Christmas present off the list (only a million left). It was a bit chilly outside but I had my first glimpse of the Selfridges Christmas windows which were awesome and saw some fake snow outside Boots!
I returned home absolutely shattered! Today, I woke up, unable to open my eye which had become infected. I have been using eye drops all day but it has continued to sting and is incredibly swollen and red, so I was sent home and now I am feeling a little sorry for myself – not the most attractive thing to do, but sometimes it’s much needed.
This makes even me feel better
Hope everyone has a better Thursday than I’ve been having!

Muah

Roo xx


P.S. I hope everyone likes the new-look of the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment