Tuesday 19 November 2013

Failed Sunday brunch

After an early night on Saturday, I hoped to wake up fresh-faced on Sunday morning, ready for Sunday brunch with Chloe. That didn't quite work out. Although I managed to get an early night, numerous texts and calls from drunken friends meant that I miserably failed at having a good night's sleep. I woke up shattered and clearly was not the only one, as Chloe slept through her alarm and we changed our brunch date to lunch.

We spent the afternoon in Hyde Park, walking around, taking in the fresh, crisp air and having a much over-due catch up. We eventually ventured towards Bond Street, skipping most shops, aside from the one or two that weren't overcrowded and grabbed lunch at the Slug & Lettuce, just off Regent Street. I had limited the Slug & Lettuce to post-work drinks with colleagues but actually, their food is really good! Me and Chloe both had lasagna (which came with garlic bread) which was delicious. It would have been the perfect place if it weren't for the overly loud guy, two tables away who was talking loud, people were unable to zone out his conversation. 
Autumn chill was in the air and the
leaves were on the ground
For dessert, we grabbed a Starbucks on the go. It was my first Christmas drink (I went with the gingerbread latte) in a red cup which is the first sign that Christmas is on its way! After yet more walking, we ended up by Southbank and sat by the Eye until we were so cold, we had no choice but to head home. It was the perfect Sunday afternoon!
As for the last two days, they have been mental, with me running errands like a loony (I think I may have planned to do too much). Luckily, aside from a trip to the gym, I have nothing planned for tomorrow and am determined to have a relaxing evening. 
Hope everyone has a great week! 

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment