Sunday 10 November 2013

Time for tennis

So I survived the week! Phew! After an incredibly challenging week, I came home on Friday, plomped myself on the sofa and spent the evening chattering away with Steph. We both felt very old, having a lazy Friday night in but it was much needed!

My attempt to have a lie in on Saturday failed (thanks to my messed up body clock!) Without much stress, I had a productive morning, running errands and sorting myself out a bit. Later on in the afternoon, me and Steph headed out to Wandsworth for some shopping. It was a very successful trip for both of us. I bought a pair of boots which I was in desperate search for and some tops and Steph bought boots and a coat (both very important purchases for the upcoming season).
Steph's gorgeous new coat!
My snazzy new shoes
On returning to the flat, Steph made a Spanish omelette (I made the all-important salad) which was the nicest, relaxed lunch I’ve had in a while, so thanks Steph! Soon after lunch, Richard arrived, only to leave again to go to the o2 for the ATP World Tour Finals. It was incredible! The atmosphere was awesome (very American, upbeat, cheesy and over-the-top) and we saw some great tennis. We saw the Bryan brothers (who I adore and who won - yay!) and the Djokovic v Gasquet match which was really exciting with lots of great tennis (even if the winner was not the one I hoped for). It was an awesome evening and amazing to see the last tennis of the year. It was also my first time at the o2 Arena which was incredible! It’s huge!!!!!!!!!!!
After the match, not wanting to go home, we headed up to Wimbledon, where Steph joined us for some drinks. We didn’t reach Wimbledon till quite, and so were limited to where we could go before everything closed (and not wanting to walk too far since it was raining) so settled on O’Neills. The entertainment was hilarious! There were a bunch of middle aged people, dancing about, having the time of their life and it was just great to relax, watch them and chat too, every once in a while.

Having returned home quite late, we all had a bit of a lie in this morning and the day started off quite late (by my standards, anyway). I spent my morning back in Wimbledon, buying a couple of Christmas presents - I am trying to get all the shopping out of the way as soon as possible - before rushing home, dumping my bags and heading up to Embankment to meet my friend Rosie.

We went up to the cafĂ© in BFI and had some coffee and cake (I had a latte with Baileys: amazing!) and spent the evening chatting and walking by the river. I’ve mentioned a couple of times how much I love the walk by Southbank but rather than walking towards Tower Bridge (my usual route) , this time we walked towards Vauxhall which was equally as lovely, with London all lit up. We also noticed that the Christmas market is being set up by Southbank which made us both very excited!
For the first time in a couple of weeks, I returned home at a reasonable hour which was lovely. I managed to have a relaxing evening, I am not exhausted (for a change) and although am not looking forward to the working week, I am feeling more capable of surviving it than last Sunday.

Hope everyone has a fab week!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment