Saturday 2 November 2013

A very happy Friday

Fridays generally become pretty awesome as of 5:30 pm. This week, Friday started off awesome as soon as I woke up: I booked the day off just because.

Anyway, the first day of my long weekend was very successfully! It started off with a much needed lie-in, followed by a deep clean of the flat (yes, I am a grown up; cleaning on my day off!) After some lounging around, me and Natz (who also had the day off) headed up to Shoreditch for the day. Unfortunately, the weather was awful: it was drizzly and quite cold; not the best combination for mooching around.

We didn't stay out long; we walked around a bit and found some much needed shelter at the Brick Lane Market (which, as cool as it was, wasn’t quite my type of place). We ended up at Old Spitalfields Market which I have never been to, but absolutely loved (and not just because it protected us from the wind and rain)! There were so many stalls with so many gorgeous dresses! I even bought myself a cosy jumper. Having toured the market a couple of times, we had lunch at Strada (unable to find a non-chain place which we both liked) which was a little disappointing. Although the service was great, the food really wasn't anything to boast about. To quell that disappointment, I had a Lola's cupcake for dessert. Yum!
Vintage glasses, anyone?

Upon returning home, I decided to dye my hair "deep violet" (i.e. purple). I've been meaning to dye my hair a purple-esque colour for a while now and finally bit the bullet and did it with not unsuccessful results. I think I quite like it but the colour seems to be too purple at the roots and too dark at the bottom so it’ll be interesting to see what it will look like after a couple of washes!

After the hair-dying operation, me, Natz, Steph and our (other) friend Richard got ourselves Halloween-ready and headed out to The Fulham Slug (that counts as something different, right?!) The night started off quite slow: we were the only ones dressed up and it was quite quiet but by the time we managed to have a drink or two and dance about, the place was packed (but managed to stay far more civilised than in Wimbledon) and we had an absolute blast with lots and lots of dancing.

Having had very little sleep, I started my Saturday with a very short run (but I figured that’s better than nothing) and now I am lounging about, with Chinese food and some telly. I will eventually do something productive. I hope.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment