Sunday 1 December 2013

A little me time

I don’t know about everyone else but I find this time of year a bit stressful. As much as I love Christmas (most of the time), the crazy festivities, endless amounts of people and this awkward time when it’s close enough to start Christmas preparations but too far away to take it a little easy and fuly enjoy the festivities can all be a bit headache inducing. So with a couple of days of annual leave left, I decided to postpone the craziness and have a little me time.

I had the perfect start to my Thursday with a little lie-in, followed by a run around Wimbledon Park. I eventually got myself dressed and ready for a journey up to Oxford Circus. I spent the morning walking around some shops, buying a couple more Christmas presents and eventually  ended up at the Sumarria Lunn Gallery for the Lieux de Memoire exhibition which turned out to be really interesting. Paintings and pictures I generally either like the look of or don’t and don’t have too much of an opinion but I find political/historical exhibitions quite interesting and this one didn’t disappoint.
After the exhibition, I had lunch at the Everbean café. It was a cute little café with decent food (I had a sandwich which I think is hard to get wrong) but slightly too busy and small. I sat on a large table with other people, trying to read the paper but failing miserably since the men on my table were talking really loudly and expressively hitting the table. After lunch I walked around some more, up Old Bond Street and ended up at the Spruth Magers Gallery for Stephen Shore’s Something + Nothing exhibition. This exhibition was a photography one and slightly less impressive but pretty good anyway. You can’t go wrong with some pictures!
This is one of the poems on which the exhibition was based on
I spent the rest of the day walking some more up the Mall and ended up at my mum’s work in Victoria where I took her out for some coffee and a little catch up which was really lovely! I came home absolutely shattered (my legs were killing) but agreed to go for a couple of drinks with Natz in Wimbledon. We started with a couple of happy hour cocktails at Suburbiton which although a nice place, the cocktails weren’t all that great (it might have been our cocktail choices though). We later ended up at The Old Frizzle for some live music and a couple more drinks which was really nice and chilled. It was fab to spend some time with Natz – we’ve both been really busy and haven’t had the opportunity to hang out even though we live in the same flat! – and I had an awesome night!

On Friday, feeling a little worse for wear, I eventually got myself up and ready to meet my cousin Aurelija at London Bridge for a walk by the river. After some walking and talking, I went up to the gym and eventually met my brother Rudy who was spending the weekend with me. We spent the day walking around some shops (he was picking his Christmas presents out) and returned home shattered and all shopped out.
To sum up, I had a great couple of days off work!

Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment