Monday 2 December 2013

It’s the most wonderful time of the year

After a busy couple of days off, I decided to do the absolute opposite to what a rational person should do and decided to have a very busy weekend. Or rather, a very busy Saturday.

Having almost passed out as soon as I got home on Friday from sheer exhaustion, I had a little lie in on Saturday morning. Having bought croissants and fruit for  myself and Rudy's breakfast, Saturday had a started off well. Eventually, we both got dressed and headed out to do some more shopping. I had to venture out to Clapham Junction first for one particular present (which is all I will say) and then trekked up to Westfield. The walking around was kind of half-hearted since both me and my brother were still shattered from our busy weeks (I may have walked and exercised too much, but the little one had quadruple PE on Friday! – that’s “gym class” to the non-English readers). There wasn’t much shopping done, my brother’s Christmas list simply expanded and since mine is already full, I added some stuff to my post-Christmas sales/birthday lists (now that’s early planning).
We ended up by Embankment and having the pickest eater ever for a brother made finding lunch was excruciatingly difficult so we settled on Bella Italia for some quite delicious pizza. With very full bellies, I got Rudy on a train home and headed up to meet Richard who was down for the weekend. Being his last weekend in England until New Year’s (he’s spending Christmas in South Africa), I promised to show him Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. That wasn’t the best idea ever. The place was absolutely packed and we weren’t let in for 15-20 mins because of overcrowding. We eventually got in and just walked around, taking in the Christmas cheer. 
We rushed back to the flat, where I cheated and made pasta (I used shop-bought sauce which I am usually against) just in time for Rosie's visit. Me and Rosie had a lovely catch up over food and wine, whilst Richard ate, drank and listened to/droned out our chatter. We then got ready and headed out to Wimbledon for a night out at the Slug, followed by Watershed. Me and Rosie have been planning a cheap and cheesy night out for ages and ended up having an absolute blast!
Sunday proved how much fun Saturday was, as I woke up a little worse for wear. Without any exaggeration, the day was spent on the sofa, watching tv and surfing the internet (the most active part of my day was a trip to Sainsburys for Doritos and Chinese food). I started going a little stir crazy by evening time but actually think that a lazy Sunday was exactly what I needed after the busy couple of days I’ve had.
And now, manic Monday is finally over (it’s never fun to roll three days of work into one!) and it’s time to start getting ready for bed.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment