Sunday 15 December 2013

Christmas crazy

It's official: London has gone Christmas crazy! I mentioned that I hoped to buy all the presents early and avoid the crazy but there is always last minute things to buy and so it can't ever be fully avoided, as I found out this weekend.

I've had a mellow week at work, keeping busy but nothing too mental. On Friday, I went to the gym with my friend Charlotte - I have never laughed so much at the gym! - grabbed a Pret sandwich and rushed off to Putney for a "couple" of drinks at B At One with Natz and her friend Frank. We arrived quite early and managed to get a drink and some seats before it got too busy. I tried and tested far too many cocktails, all recommended by the really nice barman there (the Espresso Martini is amazing as is the Christmassy Eggnog Riot) all of which were delicious! It picked up really quickly and it was almost impossible to move around the place so it was lucky that we had our lovely seats! It turned out to be a great night!
Having forgotten to turn my alarm off, I had a painfully early start on Saturday. Unable to go back to sleep and feeling a little worse for wear, I spent the morning in bed with my laptop and a lot of coffee.

I've been doing a lot of thinking about careers recently and have been questioning whether I should sponsor my own LPC or not. It has been something that's been on my mind over the last couple of weeks and being unable to ignore it, I called my mum and suggested meeting in the city for a catch up. I'm not one to go to my parents for any sort of advise and make all my decisions independently but sometimes, nothing helps more than your mum listening to your messed up thought process! This was all done as we walked from shop to shop at Westfield first, followed by Bond Street (she had last minute shopping to do) which left me coming home in a full-blown Scrooge mood. After a quick dinner at home and a bit of telly, me and Steph headed out to Wimbledon Village for some hot cider at the Dog & Fox. It was really busy but very nice. We managed to get some seats eventually and the atmosphere was really nice with some good live music. It was a nice, chilled evening and as soon as I got home, I went off to bed.

Today, I had a much needed lie-in. I had another lazy morning, with a bit of tidying up before heading out to Wimbledon for my weekly food shop and some final final bits and pieces for Christmas. Surprisingly (and thankfully) it wasn't too busy in town, probably due to the miserable weather which meant the trip was stress-free. I will be spending the rest of my evening on the sofa, with a lovely cup of tea, relaxing in front of the telly.
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment