Monday 9 December 2013

Round and round SW London

I have had a rather underwhelming weekend this week. I would say it's been lazy, but not sure that would be considered true by most, normal people. 

Thursday and Friday evenings were both quite busy. On Thursday, I went out for dinner in Wimbledon with Natz. We were supposed to go to the Old Frizzle but the kitchen closed early because of a Christmas party so we went to Hot Pink which frankly wasn't what I expected. It was a limited menu where you picked a main, a side and sauce and whilst the food was decent, it felt far too much like a fast-food place which wasn't quite what we were looking for. We ended the evening with a drink at the Old Frizzle, leaving me more determined than ever to try their food menu! On Friday, I met up with my friend Milla for some dinner by Waterloo and mulled wine on Southbank. It was a lovely, long-overdue catch up and the perfect start to the weekend. 
I had a lovely lie-in on Saturday morning, after which I forced myself to go for a run around Wimbledon Park which I am very glad I did. The weather wasn't too cold and at the entrance of the park, real Christmas trees were being sold. Running past the trees, with their delicious smell felt great! Eventually, I left for a trip to Wandsworth, followed by Wimbledon to buy some last bits and bobs for Christmas. The experience was more stressful than I cared for, with lots of people and very loud carol singers everywhere and I returned home shattered and grumpy. 

Early morning texts from some friends ruined my Sunday lie-in so I got over my bitterness with some delicious French toast for breakfast and morning telly. In the afternoon, me and Natz headed out to Parsons Green. I've been meaning to go there (since I pass it every day on my way to work) and was unimpressed. It's largely a residential area, with absolutely nothing to do. There were a couple of cafes that looked quite nice and would be perfect for a lazy Sunday morning but we left pretty soon and made our way to Kingston. 
I don't care much for Kingston but there was a teeny-tiny Christmas market, along with some large tents, selling unique Christmas present ideas and it was nice to just mooch around. After all the walking and journeying, we headed up to Wandsworth for all-you-can-eat ribs and chicken wings at Spur. The food was so good but there were a couple of kids parties taking place and it was far too loud for anyone's liking. With our over-filled bellies, we got home and spent the evening watching a couple of films which was the ideal end to the weekend. 
Hope everyone has a great week!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment