Sunday 22 December 2013

The big 100

So this is my one hundredth post. This proves one thing: I am as much of a chatterbox in writing as I am in person! Without being too cheesy, I want to thank everyone who has been reading my blog and hope that at least a couple of the 100 posts has been interesting or useful in some way. And now, for the week’s update…
Being the week before Christmas, the days have been dragging at work but have been super busy outside of it. The week has been filled with last minute appointments, dinners (thanks to Rosie for the delicious stir-fry and as always, fab catch up), skype dates (with my awesome uni friend, Bex) and of course the all-important Christmas party. Ours was held at Smiths of Smithfields for which I didn’t have high expectations but actually turned out to be great! We got the taxi to the restaurant and chatted away with everyone over a couple of drinks. We eventually sat down for some starter platters (this included, pulled pork lettuce parcels and smoked salmon), John Dory with braised leeks for mains (absolutely amazing: the best fish I have ever eaten) and cheesecake for dessert. The food was absolutely incredible: it was cooked beautifully and the portions were huge too which was probably just as well considering the amount of alcohol that was consumed! After my long week, I didn’t stay out too late and after some more chatter and drinks, I made my way home.
Following a long lie-in on Saturday, I spent my day relaxing my at home. I’ve made the very scary decision to postpone by LPC indefinitely which has meant starting from scratch in alternative career research. Therefore most of my day was spent on my computer, career-researching. Towards the evening, our old housemate Mark came for a visit so he, Natz and I headed out to Putney for some dinner at Thai Square. We had the most amazing table on the second floor which looked onto the river which was so lovely and the food was very decent too. I had the Jungle curry which was incredibly spicy (admittedly I was warned by both the menu and the waitress) but quite nice. Dessert was less impressive: me and Natz ordered different types of moose, both of which resembled ice cream and therefore was quite disappointing. After dinner, we made our way to Fulham to Kona Kai for some Hawaiian inspired cocktails. The cocktails were really nice (you couldn't taste the alcohol at all) and the atmosphere was lovely too once more people started arriving. Later into the evening, we sadly found out that our honorary-housemate, Natz’s goldfish Max, died. It was a sad end to the evening and we will all miss the craziest little fish, that I’ve ever seen.

I had another lazy morning on Sunday, with a very leisurely breakfast and some Christmas telly. I then went up to Southbank to meet Rosie. We grabbed a coffee at Benugo and chatted away about the week’s dramas. Having finally finished Hemingway’s “For Whom the Bells Toll” (unimpressive, to say the least) we went to Foyles so I could find a book that I would actually enjoy. I settled on Miranda Hart’s “Is It Just Me?” which I am only 12 pages in but it’s already hilarious! After my book purchase, we went to Wahaca for some light dinner (we both had chicken quesadilla and some delicious sweet potatoes) before walking up to Vauxhall, along the river. I am now home, with the Big Bang Theory in the background, relaxing before facing another couple of days of work.
Happy Sunday, everyone!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment