Sunday 5 August 2012

Shop till you drop


Hey guys. In spite of my plans to have a super-packed weekend, with friend-catch ups and paintballing trips galore, that didn’t quite plan out. I have been under-the-weather this week and haven’t managed to get better, so I decided on a mellow weekend in which I could relax and cure myself of this horrid flu.

I had an appointment for a haircut which I refused to cancel, as I haven’t had my hair cut in months. I usually go to a local Toni & Guy salon, but in attempt to try something cheaper and less chain-like, I chose another local (non-chain) place and had my hair chopped off. Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the end result. The cut was nothing like I imagined (so much shorter than I wanted) and I feel like I look like a 30 year old (a little depressing, considering I am in fact 21) – I know it’s not the end of the world since hair grows back but it has not helped with my distrust in hairdressers.

Being a city girl, there’s only one thing to do when you’re ill and that’s shop! I ventured into Oxford Street with some trepidation, it being the Olympics and the weekend. I was, however very pleasantly surprised! I think there may have been less people around than on an ordinary weekend which felt kind of unnatural. Anyway, the plan was to abuse my credit card and shop my money away but it didn’t quite work out that way. Mooching from store to store, I failed to find anything that I really liked (incredibly unusual for me). I think part of it might have been the continuing sales. Although sale bargains are always great, I feel like they reach a point where they're just annoying, with scraps of clothing everywhere and nothing in your size. In the end, I did leave a fair bit of money in the Nike store. I never really understood the tourist-attraction that Nike seems to have – I always see tourists buying endless numbers of trainers, shorts, kits etc – but you couldn’t help but feel the Olympic spirit inside the store with all the national kits and loud music and of course some tourists! I left, with some trainers and jogging bottoms – deciding to spend a fair bit of money on them (which I don’t usually do) in the hope that they’ll last me a while. Making the purchases has certainly helped me want to go to the gym and wear my new kit, so that’s one plus!
Olympic-ready Oxford Street


I finished my day with a delicious baguette from EAT and a being the Starbucks-addict that I am, had a lovely Refresha (which I am loving for the summer). I returned home quite exhausted and so can confirm that shopping does not cure flu (very disappointing). As a result, I am spending Sunday watching all the Olympic action, determined to get better asap and try out my snazzy, new trainers and bottoms!
My cool , new (most comfortable ever) trainers 

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment