Sunday 12 August 2012

Dance dance

It has been a very long time since I've been out to a club (since I finished my last exam in fact, which was months ago!) so after much planning and talking, me and Chloe finally picked Saturday as the night to go out dancing - and have a few drinks too, of course. The lucky chosen club was Zoo Bar in Leicester Square, which we had been to a few years ago (no, there is no typing error, it does say years) so we thought we'd give it another go.

I went round to Chloe's -which turned out to be quite a trek with me getting two different buses - where we had some of Chloe's lovely cooking for dinner (cue Big Bang Theory), got ready and had a few drinks (cue: music).

On reaching Zoo, there was quite a queue, with a huge pub crawl crowd and a lot of Olympic volunteers, all out celebrating. We got in quite quickly though which always makes for a better start to the night! The place was heaving (not really surprising, considering it was Saturday night) and one of the rooms (with the better music) was closed for quite a bit of the night. We eventually managed to get into the little room, with the better music and absolutely no air-con (yuck!) and ended up having a great night. The music was largely R&B with a bit of reggae - neither particularly my cup of tea - and although I wasn't too impressed with the place (and some of its funky smells), hanging out and dancing with a wonderful friend always makes for a great night - as does watching some hilariously drunk people dancing about!
Apparently dancing is a stressful business. Hence the club's masseuse.
Tough life! 

Needless to say, much of Sunday was spent sleeping and being lazy in the sun, preparing for the week ahead. And now that the Olympics are over, it means I can go back to getting my later train into work (which means a whole extra 20mins of  zzZzzzZzzs - making me one happy lady!)

Hope you all enjoyed your weekends!

Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment