Sunday 3 March 2013

Spontaneity pays off, sometimes

My week didn't have the best of starts when I contracted some quite severe food poisoning on Monday. I had to take Tuesday off, being unable to move. Safe to say, not the best of weeks. With my illness, I have been feeling exhausted most of the week, not doing much aside from getting home and getting myself into my PJs.

Admittedly, after the not-so-great week, my main aim was to catch-up on sleep and complete my recovery which meant an easy-going weekend was on the horizons but I still refused to spend it at home after my lazy weekend last week. On Saturday, me and Jess made a half-hearted attempt to see the Valentino collection (for the hundredth time) which was another fail. I didn't realise this was the final weekend it was on, so it was understandably fully booked. With that fail, we spent the day sorting (my) stuff out in Oxford Street which consisted mainly of me returning shoes and clothes and having a catch up over sushi and (much later) Starbucks. In the evening, we headed to the National Theatre to see if they had any last minute tickets for the Captain of Kopenick. It wasn't something either us particularly wanted to see but not wanting to have a completely wasted day, decided to see what was on offer. We managed to get really cheap tickets (£10!!!) for the show which was actually really good! Not to waffle about it too much, it was basically a comedy set in pre-WW1 Germany. I was very impressed with it and in the end, it turned out to be a really good day and a great evening.
A coffee can always put a smile on your face!
As for today, I had a super-long lie-in which consisted of a lot of flat-hunting. I found out earlier this week that I passed my probation at work (yay!) which means that I can finally move out! The research has been rather disappointing, but an update on that will need an entire new post! Later in the day, I headed to my Aunt's new house. It was my first time seeing it, and my cousins came round too where we had a huge, very Lithuanian meal and later left after a catch-up with very full bellies. As for now, I am going to unwind for what's left of the evening and hope that next week is better and much healthier than the last!


Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment