Sunday 24 February 2013

Can't beat a good cocktail or two

This Saturday I celebrated my birthday with my friends by heading down to Soho for a few cocktails and some dancing. My work week has been slow and long - never a good thing when I only had a four day work week! - so a night out on the town was exactly what I needed!

Most of Saturday morning was spent being lazy, watching a lot of tv and browsing the worldwide web which meant the day flew by and before I knew it, I had to start getting ready for the evening. We started the night off with a few cocktails at the London Cocktail Club which was incredibly hard to find since it was a cellar bar and didn't have the most obvious sign. The cocktails were delicious -and very reasonably priced - I started off with a Brixton Riot which was set on fire and it was so good! The only negative is that there was very limited seating and space in general so our group was just randomly standing around and having to shuffle around, every time someone walked past. So rather than spending most of the evening there until it was time to head down to the club (the original plan), we left after a few drinks in search of a pub which was no mean feat on a Saturday night in central London!
Brixton Riot
After a little catch up in the pub, most people headed back home either due to illness, money issues or club-hatred which left only me and Jess to head down to Roxy - Chloe was supposed to make it after work but the freezing cold weather and huge queues meant she sadly didn't make it. I had never been to Roxy's before, but I was really impressed. I loved the music, the interior was nice and drinks were cheap which is all I really want from a club so I was happy. Most of the crowd seemed to be uni students which although is absolutely fine of course, I did feel a bit old (crazy, since I was a student myself less than nine months ago!). In the end, I had a great night out, although I was a bit disappointed I couldn't celebrate with as many of my friends as I would have liked. Anyway, safe to say I got home exhausted and went straight bed.

As for this morning, I woke up feeling like I slept for years and spent the morning watching the Big Bang Theory (perfect lazy Sunday watching) with Jess who had stayed over. Once Jess left, I turned to my new addiction: Suits. I only started watching the series last week but I am addicted! I can't seem to stop watching it! In order to feel slightly less guilty about the endless laziness this weekend I also organised my wardrobe which was in much need of organisation and has left me feeling so much better (I may have slight OCD). I have to say, as lovely as it has been to be lazy for the weekend, now that evening has come, I am so restless. The only cure of course is some more Suits but next weekend, I will definitely plan something - I have definitely become unaccustomed to complete laziness.
One of the presents I received this week:
too perfect for me

Internet research leads to purchases
such as these. I did have to spend all
that birthday money!
Clearly, I am not the only one who appreciates Suits and if it's
good enough for the City of London, it's good enough for me!

Hope everyone has a lovely week!

Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment