Sunday 10 February 2013

Worcester weekend

This weekend I left London behind and ventured up to Worcester to visit my friend Bex. We haven't seen each other since our one-day catch before Christmas which seems to have been forever ago! So, after finishing work on Friday (which was the most manic day so far!), I rushed off to Paddington, to catch a train to Worcester.

The weekend turned out to be great and exactly what I needed after a couple of stressful weeks. Most of Saturday was spent shopping (which was rather unsuccessful), having endless amounts of coffee and eating what was probably one of the best sandwiches I have ever had! Bex took us to a cafe/bar called Bolero, where we had an open steak sandwich with red onion marmalade and chips which was absolutely amazing! After lunch and some more failed shopping (although I did manage to buy some s'more pop tarts - delicious!) we headed to her flat, watched some tv, had a good-old catch up and got ready for a night out. This weekend, a couple of Bex's college friends were celebrating their birthdays, so we headed to Slug and Lettuce for some cocktails and then to a club called Sin, for a little bit of dancing. Overall, it turned to be a pretty good night which ended with a trip for some stodgy food at McDonalds.
Clearly, we are not vegetarian girls! 
This went some way to helping with my s'more
withdrawal issues after my trip to America
Can't beat a good Cosmo!
As for today, after a bit of a lie in, me and Bex headed down to a cafe for some bacon sandwiches and coffee. The weather has been atrocious which meant that we couldn't do the stuff we wanted - like take a trip to Malvern or walk around the park surrounding the cafe. On top of that, the engineering works on the rail network overran which meant I had to leave Worcester two hours before I planned to and had one of the worst journeys home I have ever had! To sum up: I got on a train (in the pouring rain) which went as far as two stops where we were told to get off because it was terminating - leaving me cold and wet in a secluded little village, with no idea of where I could possibly go, only to be told -having spent 30mins standing in the rain-to get back on the train. After that, I had to change trains two more times in the most random locations, finally reaching home wet, cold, exhausted and absolutely furious with everything and everyone. Not the best end to what has been a great weekend.
Disliking rail travel right now
As for now, I am in my PJs with a warm cup of coffee in my hand - feeling ever so slightly better after the treacherous journey, almost ready to start a new week.


Hope everyone has a great week!


Muah,


Roo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment