Friday 15 February 2013

Celebrating my loves: friends, food and my city

This has been another manic week but for a change it's not (just) work but my life outside of it that has made it so crazy. I took Tuesday off work since my wonderful friend Maja was coming all the way down from Exeter. Maja was one of my flatmates in our first year of uni and since graduating, I haven't managed to see much of her - partly because she is a bit of a globetrotter, who has probably been on more flights this past year than the US president! Anyway, she came down to London for an interview which was taking place on Wednesday, so we spent Tuesday catching up and trying to keep busy and keep Maja's mind off the upcoming interview.

Our first stop was Westfield in Shepard's Bush - far better than the Stratford one! We mooched around some shops and had lunch at Wagamama (always delicious!) and after a little more shopping, headed down to High Holborn to celebrate Pancake Day at My Old Dutch. They made the biggest pancakes that I have ever seen! I had a banana, chocolate sauce and cream pancake which was incredible!!!! After our pancakes, we made our way home (a 6am start the next morning made a late night out the last thing on our minds!) and had a very girly evening with more pancakes (my mum made some savoury and sweet pancakes for dinner), wine and Sex and the City reruns - a perfect evening, if you ask me! The next day, Maja went off to her interview and had to make her way back to Exeter. She hasn't heard back from the company yet, but I have my fingers and toes crossed for her!
A My Old Dutch pancake
With all the heart, red balloons and sickly, cheesy cards in the shops, it's impossible not to have noticed that Valentine's Day has been approaching. I never celebrate Valentine's Day since I think it's a bit of a useless holiday but this year decided to do something, spending it with the people I love the most - my friends. Me, Chloe and Jess decided to go for the least romantic dinner ever - burgers at Brgr Co which were so good! I loved the place too! The entire place had a really nice, almost upscale feel but the prices were really reasonable and the food was great. Win-win! After some yummy food, we headed down to Adventure Bar, first stopping at Laduree for some macaroons (I couldn't resist!) and taking some pictures of some Valentines-inspired sculptures in Covent Garden. We spent the evening sipping gorgeous cocktails, listening to some great music and chattering away. A perfect evening!




The heart shape had little metal badges locked,
each badge containing personal messages. Cute!
A good cocktail is always a good idea!
As for today, I returned home absolutely shattered, deciding to give the gym a miss, and settling for pizza and tv. I have Monday booked off work (refusing to go in on my birthday) and a 3 day weekend is precisely what I need!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment