Friday 1 February 2013

T.G.I.F

Never has the phrase "Thank God it's Friday" been more appropriate than today. Don't get me wrong: I live for the weekends and have never been anything but happy when the week comes to an end, but since starting my job, I have dreaded work far less and whilst this is in no way my dream job and I still skip out of the office, as soon as the clock strikes 5, after the week that I've had, I have never been so relieved to have two days of freedom! My week has been absolutely mental, with stress at work and in my personal life: not the best of combinations. I shall start at the beginning...

Monday had the most bizarre start when I got to outside my office building only to see it cordoned off with police tape! It turns out, some crazy protester guy  climbed the scaffolding on the building adjacent to ours, put up a huge banner, perched himself on the roof of a building and threatened to jump off. It meant that the police, ambulance and negotiators were running in and out of our building non-stop, with the entire building in uproar (we had a separate access point to the roof). Turns out, the guy wasn't suicidal like we first feared, but merely a little crazy. For his full motives, click here. Anyway, the guy eventually came down at 5.30pm, having disrupted the day for us, the police and numerous other emergency service providers. If he aimed to get publicity, then I guess he succeeded: I just spent a whole paragraph in my blog, writing about him. On the other hand, even the Metro failed to mention him, so really at the end of the (long) day, all the man got was a brief mention by yours truly and a(nother) criminal record. Quite a start to a Monday!
The rest of the week combined work overload - I have been juggling hundreds of things, running around and emailing like a mental person - along with all kinds of stresses in my personal life, including trying to sort out a loan for the LPC (I got an offer from BPP and accepted it, now I have the issue of sorting out funding from the bank - no mean feat!) Along with numerous failed attempts to organise a mini-break with some friends which has led me to experience every emotion under the sun - from excitement, to worry, to outrage and everything in between. This week's weather has reflected my mood perfectly i.e. being all over the place, going from rain, to warm sunshine to rain. On the bright side, my wellies had their first outing this week since I bought them in the Christmas sale and on Thursday I got a free coffee from a brand new cafe-deli place on Cannon Street - Benugo. The place looks really cool with great looking food which I can't wait to try - they not only managed to wake me up with a lovely Americano but also put a smile on my face. Win-win!
As for today, it hasn't helped either: rather than doing my usual job, due to numerous absences, I spent the day doing other people's jobs - in fact, it felt like everybody else's but my own! - which was hateful and made the day crawl by at a snail's pace!

Thankfully, I am home now, with my warm PJs on, the telly on in the background, looking forward to an early night and a good, relaxing weekend. Yes, I am that cool ;)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment