Sunday 27 January 2013

I want to see some pretty dresses!

Saturday turned out to be another major fail in central London. For a couple of weeks now, I have been dying to see the Valentino couture collection at Somerset House. In spite of numerous attempts however, I have not yet seen it. This has either been due to last minute changes in my plans or the horrid weather. Well, yesterday me and Jess headed out in the hope of finally see the collection, only to be turned away and be told that it was fully booked. It was so frustrating! The collection has been on show for a few months, so I did not at all expect it to be fully booked. We met up quite late in the day and since I made plans for the evening, we were quite limited to what where we could go and so stayed in Covent Garden.
I am being taunted by this! 
We walked around the Covent Garden market, popping into Joy - the shop with the nicest vintage-style dresses and accessories! It took every fibre of self-control not to buy everything in the store! I even found some vintage style jars, which I have been in search for, to store my make-up brushes and the rest of my toiletries. They were perfect! I stopped myself from buying them, since I have an expensive couple of months coming up, but it was so hard!
Loved this LBD !
It wasn't so much biscuits that
I wanted to store, but...
Anyway, after visiting some shops, we headed in to the Cupcake Bakehouse, which as the name suggests, sells cupcakes. Amazing ones!!!! I went with a lemon curd cupcake and a latte and Jess had a coffee cupcake and they were both delicious! There was very limited seating inside, so we headed out where there were some iron tables and chairs, only to be attacked by a bunch of pigeons. The experience is never fun, but Jess has a bit of a fear of pigeons (slight understatement) so it was quite a fiasco. We didn't end up sitting there for long.

Cupcake heaven!

After a bit of a walk around, we headed to the Paul cafe on the Strand. I know they are dotted around all over London which is part of the reason why I have continually avoided the place, but I have to say, I was very impressed! I had the most delicious baguette and the atmosphere was lovely inside. It was quiet and had French music in the background. I absolutely love it!

After all of that, we headed home. I had a quick change of clothing and headed out to meet Alex for a little catch up over some drinks and some dancing in Dartford. I have never gone out there before, and it was quite an experience. It was lovely to have the catch up and although the music wasn't at all my style, dancing around was a nice way to relax after a long week.

As for today, I am having a lazy, leisurely Sunday which mainly consists of reading, tv watching and internet research. I have just finished reading "Christmas at Tiffany's" - a cheesy chick lit book which I absolutely adore! The book had reminded me how much I miss New York, want to re-visit Paris and appreciate London and Tiffany & Co. So, I have started to do some holiday research. At this time of year, when it's cold and miserable (and wet) outside, having a little trip to look forward to makes the cold months so much more bearable!

Love!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment