Sunday 17 February 2013

Let the birthday celebrations begin

Since the big day of me turning yet another day (and therefore a whole year) older falls on a Monday, my birthday celebrations began this weekend. Or more precisely on Sunday since I spent most of Saturday having a "me" day. 

Most of my Saturday morning was spent on the sofa, watching tv and sipping endless cups of coffee. I eventually forced myself to leave the house and head for the gym. On my return, I made my way down to Regent Street, where I spent most of the afternoon sitting in Starbucks, sipping even more coffee and sorting out my life, a bit. I haven't spent hours in Starbucks since university, where I would spend my weekends, revising, researching or essay writing. Now that my studies have come to an end (for now, at least) I spent my time trying to sort my life out, doing some research for my foreseeable future. It was really nice to just sit with my laptop, with my earphones plugged in and to just ignore the world for a bit. After my Starbucks session, I walked around some shops - managing to not buy anything which I thought was quite impressive - and eventually headed home. I had also agreed to go out with Alex to a local club, very last minute which meant that as soon I returned home, I had a quick change of clothes and heels and once again ventured out. We headed to a cocktail club in Welling which was ok - better than the last place, at least - but with far too many remixed tracks- something I am not a fan of. At all. 
As for today, I spent my morning helping my mum in the kitchen since I had a visit from a few people to wish me an early happy birthday. I am planning to celebrate my birthday properly next weekend, so today was just a mellow afternoon spent with Edita, Donatas and a neighbour, chattering away over some food, a few glasses of wine and some of my mum's famous, delicious cake which she makes especially for me every birthday! Having made my wish, blown out the candles and cut into the cake, I  feel like the birthday celebrations are well on their way and I think tomorrow will be just another mellow, easy-going day. I feel middle-aged already!
I am hoping this doesn't apply to me yet...
There are already some fresh, beautiful
flowers all over the house which always
puts a huge smile on my face

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and have a great week to come!


Muah, 


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment