Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Today, England celebrates Mother's Day, so I would like to wish all the mums a very happy Mother's Day, but especially to my very wonderful mum! Mothering Sunday had taken over my weekend, so I will start from the beginning...
On Saturday, after a mini lie-in and yet even more flat-searching, I ventured out to buy my mum's present, making use of the fact that she has been away since Thursday and wasn't coming back until Saturday evening. I took a trip to the supermarket (huge mistake on a Saturday  and bought all the ingredients needed for Sunday's dinner and then went on to buy a huge picture frame for the present. The expedition took longer than I anticipated and I returned home, more than a little exhausted. Although I intended to head to down central London, by the time I returned, I only managed to drag myself to Stratford's Westfield (much easier to get to). There, I met up with Edita, where we mooched around some shops (leading to me buying two pairs of shoes - in my defence they were both gorgeous!) and went on to grab a coffee, unable to handle anymore pushing around and people getting in our way.

As for today, I started my Sunday morning by making my mum cry. In a good way, I promise! Me and my brother gave her a card, and a huge picture frame, filled with lots of family pictures both old and new - the cause of the tears. She loved the present which was a great start to the day. After a lazy morning, drinking coffee and having a less-than-healthy breakfast (it was a celebratory day, after all), I managed to drag myself to the gym, just about surviving the freezing cold weather. Upon my return, I started making a three-course dinner for the family which involved some bruschetta with various toppings, a salmon and prawn pie and flourless brownies. The dinner went well (I forgot how much I enjoyed cooking) - the pie was really good - even my anti-fish brother ate it all and the brownies were rather good too. I looked for a flourless recipe in an attempt to be a little healthy but that was a major fail since they were triple chocolate brownies. If anyone is interested, it's a super easy recipe, which can be found here (I didn't make the ganache, figuring that would lead to an actual sugar coma!) All in all, the weekend has been very successful and rather domesticated.
Can't beat brownies. These aren't the ones I made though
I am now (just about) ready to start the new week with even more flat-searching, but hopefully that turns out to be more successful than last week.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and manages to stay warm as I hear the big freeze is returning.


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment