Sunday 24 March 2013

New Home

As my previous posts have probably suggested, this weekend was spent moving into my new home. In the snow. I had a lovely and relaxing start to Saturday with croissants and coffee for breakfast and Friends reruns. Later on in the afternoon, me and my mum packed up all of my stuff into the car and made our way to Southfields. Due to snow and endless roadworks, the journey took more than twice as long as it should have but we reached the new flat eventually, unloaded everything and then headed to do some food shopping, to save me from having to carry it all myself. 

After the supermarket trip, my mum left me to unpack with the help of Edita, who came up to help. Although the whole thing seemed to take forever, chatting away with Edita -and a couple of glasses of wine- made the whole thing far easier and a lot more fun. 
My new abode
As for today, I woke up early but being unable to go anyway (since nothing was open) had a lazy morning and eventually headed down to Wimbledon to explore the area a bit. Since it was bitterly cold outside, I mostly mooched around the shopping centre, Centre Court and some other surrounding shops. I also grabbed a bite at Tortilla - a Mexican grill - where I had a delicious burrito (may even be better than Chilango!). I also ventured up to Wimbledon Village which seems to be a really cute place. The shops are a little upscale and not really my style at all but there were also numerous bakeries, cafes and bistros which I desperately want to try!

I am now back home, wrapped up in numerous layers of clothing, with a cup of coffee in one hand, trying desperately to warm up (it's not really working). I have never missed summer more. 
I'll need a lot of this today. And not just for the morning.
I hope everyone has a good week,

Muah,

Roo xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment