Thursday 27 February 2014

There aren't enough hours in a weekend

My limited blogging will be blamed on a hectic weekend last week, followed by a week of me being shattered all week long, leading to me having embarrassingly early nights. This may not be the best excuse, but at the very least, it's true.

Friday didn't have the best of starts; I was feeling anything but healthy. I managed to survive the day, refusing to go home and by the end of the day felt a little more human and so kept my date with Jess who I haven't seen in months! The very last minute plan was to go to Dishoom for dinner and cocktails in Leicester Square was ruined by us refusing to wait for an hour and a half (that's right!) for a table. Instead, we decided to grab a couple of cocktails and some pizza at Fire & Stone in Covent Garden. Having been there before, it was a safe option for some lovely food and the wait for a table was a far more reasonable 15 mins which flew by as we spent it sipping cocktails at the bar. I ordered the Madrid pizza -this had chorizo, prawns, sweet roasted peppers and sour cream- which was absolutely incredible and pretty big too (a good thing too since the cocktails were quite strong!). I love the unique toppings that the place offers; the atmosphere was really nice and chilled and being too full to move, me and Jess stayed for a few more Friday cocktails.
Following an ever-so-slight lie in, I forced myself to go for a run which was probably the shortest and slowest run I've had in years but at least it got me to out of bed and into the fresh air. I later headed out to Hyde Park for a walk in the sun with F. It was the nicest day and a perfectly relaxed Saturday. We went to the Lido cafe for lunch. They had a menu with hot food but it being packed, I wasn't sure how long the wait would be so settled on a sandwich and latte (not the nicest sandwich ever, with a very limited selection). We ended up walking all the way up the Mall, down to Southbank and along the river, ending up by Tower Bridge. It was a lovely walk but I returned home shattered, with very weak legs! In the evening, I went out for a couple of drinks at the Old Frizzle in Wimbledon.
Luckily, I managed to have a pretty relaxed Sunday morning. In the afternoon, I had a visit from Edita and Donatas which was really lovely. I hadn't seen them for a while so it was great to have a chatter and get all the gossip on their wedding developments!

I genuinely had the nicest weekend; the only downside being that I started Monday even more shattered than I started the weekend. Thankfully, we're just a sleep away from yet another weekend - which also looks to be quite hectic! Maybe I should pencil in "sleep and relax" for the weekend after next?!

Good night lovies!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment