Friday 14 February 2014

Who needs sleep?

Following my busy start on Saturday, the weekend never really eased up. Although I ended my weekend more shattered than when I started it, it has been a very successful weekend indeed.

Having returned from Westfield’s on Saturday afternoon, I managed to sort my life a bit back at home and even managed to meet some of Natz’s friends over a couple of drinks. I’ve known Natz for almost a year now and it’s so strange to think that I haven’t met some of her closest friends yet; to be a busy Londoner; sigh…  After a couple of drinks, I headed up to Clapham Junction for dinner with F at Powder Keg Diplomacy. The restaurant had the nicest interior; the roof of which made it feel like a conservatory and the entire place had a generally colonial feel. I skipped on a starter and had lemon sole for a main and apple and rhubarb crumble for dessert, all of which was absolutely incredible! Also happened to learn a lesson; I should never order fish with bones; I simply can’t handle eating it like a normal functioning adult! After dinner, we stayed on for some amazing cocktails. I had a lovely evening and stayed at the place until we got thrown out!
On Sunday after not nearly enough sleep, a very short run around the park and breakfast in front of the telly, I headed out to Hyde Park for some lunch with Rosie. We went to the Serpentine and somehow managed to find a free table (no mean feat, at the Serpentine) and had some delicious pizza. After a lunch, we decided to walk some of it off with a mooch around the park but that was cut short with the icy cold wind. I later headed up to Regent Street for some window shopping and returned home absolutely shattered, spending the rest of the evening in front of the telly.

And now the week is over –mine has been incredibly busy and not particularly great- and I am all packed up, ready to fly out to Amsterdam (which will hopefully happen, in spite of this weather we’ve been experiencing).
Happy Friday!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment