Saturday 1 February 2014

So long January...

Once again, I must apologise for the inconsistent blogging. A combination of a mental (but great) weekend and the most atrocious week has left little time for blogging and I have never been so happy to say: so long the horrid month of January!

Last Friday was a little hectic with a trip to the gym, a very rushed journey home and a quick trip to Leicester Square which included coffee and drinks (this may have been a second date). Coffee was had at a little Italian cafe right in the square (the name of which I cannot remember but shall find out because it is so cute!) and then we took a trip to Yates for a couple of drinks which had a lovely atmosphere for a Friday. To cut a very long story short: I had a fairly lovely evening with a pleasant guy but didn't think there was a spark between us and so didn't agree to a third date and the guy, who shall be named D didn't take it too well. For most of the week, I was receiving angry, ranting texts from the guy; so much for my theory that after two dates, there is absolutely no pressure or expectation to like a person!

On Saturday, I took the long trip to my parents to celebrate my little brother's 15th birthday which took place earlier that week. I had a lovely time, catching up with the family, having some delicious food, some of my mum's famously amazing cake and generally having a lovely afternoon. I returned home with Chloe, later to be joined by Rosie, spending the evening at home over drinks, endless amounts of chatter and some cheesy dancing in Wimbledon.
Somewhat surprisingly, on Sunday I was feeling pretty good (and not hungover!) and spent the day catching up with Chloe. Eventually she had to head out into the city, whilst I had a visit from Richard. We headed out to Fulham for some Bailey's fish and chips - supposedly the third best fish and chips place in London! - which did not disappoint. I had some lemon sole goujons with chips which was absolutely delicious! The place was teeny tiny and if it wasn't raining outside, I would have happily found a place outside to eat but with the miserable weather, we managed to find a seat inside (just about). I had a lovely day, having a much needed catch up with Richard but he had to head back to Brighton, right about the time that Chloe came back to stay over till Monday morning. As per usual, we spent the evening chattering away, equating to a lovely, relaxing evening.
On top of the angry texts from D, the week has had plenty of disappointments, annoyances and everything in between. The only saviour was after work drinks with Rosie at the Covent Garden Cocktail club mid week. On Friday, I spent the evening at home, chattering away with Steph over a bottle of wine.

The weekend has already been more successful than the week itself, when the lovely Steph bought me some cheering up flowers. I will stop on this positive note and fill in on the rest of the weekend some time soon...
Happy Saturday everyone!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment