Saturday 8 February 2014

Let’s try something new

Friday turned out to be more manic than I anticipated. Turns out, my trains function far better during industrial action. The morning started with signal failures, severe delays on my line and a very rushed and squashed me. Work turned out to be absolutely mental; I was rushing around and dealing with some very difficult people which made lunch at my desk not an option. I therefore decided to take a slow, rather relaxing walk to Leather Lane for some lunch.

I have never taken a trip up there, but being a bit sick of all the chains on Fleet Street decided to give the place a try. I didn’t tour too much of the market (it was far too cold) and settled on some quiche with a mountain of vegetables. Being too cold to eat outside, I went back to the office and enjoyed a very delicious lunch whilst catching up on some reading. Turns out the walk was exactly what I needed; I had a far better afternoon (albeit still a little stressed) and finished the day off with gym and sometime in the sauna; leaving me in a far better mood to start the weekend.
I had a very early start to my Saturday; making use of my first (early) birthday present – a driving lesson which Natz and Steph gifted me. I have never had any interest in driving; it’s not something that has ever been important to me and living in London (and planning to continue to do so) I don’t think there’s a point. So Natz decided to introduce me to driving. I had my first lesson this morning and am glad to say I didn’t crash the car or injure anyone. The lesson was interesting and I’m glad it’s something I’ve tried but not something that I want to pursue. I am happy to remain a public transport reliant Londoner. For now at least.
Yes, I looked this good at 7am
With my early start, after a quick shower, breakfast and coffee, I headed up to Westfield to sort out some bits and bops. I will be spending next weekend in Amsterdam and therefore like a true tourist, I needed a guide book which I managed to get. Getting to the shopping centre early meant I managed to avoid the endless crowds, had a fairly relaxing afternoon, a delicious free Latte (thanks o2) and am now home, relaxing in my room with yet more coffee. Bliss!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment