Thursday 6 February 2014

Fresh start in February

As mentioned in my previous post, I had an awful week. I therefore decided that the only way to deal with the horridness was to have a brilliant weekend and start of February positively. I think I succeeded!

Following a much needed lie in on Saturday morning, I started off with a very productive morning with a leisurely breakfast, a trip to the doctor, a running of errands and a very healthy lunch in front of the telly (not to brag or anything, but I can make a delicious salad – yes, such things exist). Having lost complete track of the time, I ended up rushing out of the flat, into a train packed with Fulham football fans, to turn up late at Piccadilly for coffee at the Waterstones’ Costa. Now anyone who knows me, will know that the only coffee chain I go to is Starbucks but being late and all, I didn’t make too much of a fuss and ended up going for the you-can’t-go-wrong-it-latte. I had a lovely afternoon, meeting someone perfectly lovely and new in February. 
I came home to a completely empty flat, enjoying the peace and quiet for a couple of short hours before fixing myself up for a dinner date. I was very glad I did make a little effort since I ended up in a very lovely Italian restaurant in South Kensington, Rocca with F. Being a Saturday and all, the restaurant was full to the brim but didn’t feel chaotic or overcrowded (must be the South Ken crowd!). I had bruschetta for starters, followed by an amazing pizza! I was so full, I couldn’t even finish my main (this doesn’t happen very often) but was convinced (didn’t take much effort, of course) to have a lemon sorbet for dessert. The entire meal was absolutely delicious and it’s a place I would definitely like to go back to (maybe after a little while; we may have overstayed our welcome, a little). 

After dinner, me and F headed for some cocktails at the very well hidden Ognisko – a Polish restaurant and bar. Ognisko too was very impressive. The entire place is set in a house; the bar felt like a massive lounge and the what I could see of the restaurant, it looked like a huge dining room. The barmen were absolutely lovely and incredibly friendly – making an effort to remember everyone – and the cocktails were incredible! Now before you go on assuming that all cocktails were vodka based, I can say that that was not the case (there was however a variety of vodka shots which I did not try). Instead all the cocktails are classics with a twist. I had the Spiced Peach Mojito which was absolutely delicious; I generally couldn’t stop sipping it! I had the nicest evening and returned home absolutely shattered and with a belly filled with delicious food, half a bottle of red wine and peach mojito, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Following my rather manic but brilliant Saturday, my Sunday was far more relaxed. After a short run, most of the day was spent, tidying, relaxing and reading. I took a trip into Wimbledon for some window shopping but returned home as soon as the temperature dropped. Returning home cold, I spent the evening on the sofa, catching up with the girls (we all seemed to have had very busy and exciting weekends) and finished the evening watching a couple of films with Natz. A perfect Sunday, if you ask me!

Thankfully, the new week proved to be much better than the last. I have been keeping busy at work, putting all my energy into avoiding the flu that I can feel the onset of, and even managed a trip to Southside for dinner at ChimiChanga (which was perfectly nice but nothing out of the ordinary) and a viewing of the Wolf of Wall Street. I heard great reviews from friends about the film and didn’t know too much about it and although very over-the-top and rather intense, the film was actually really good and very funny! And very long too. I didn’t get home till quite late and although I had a lovely evening, today, most of my day was spent stifling yawns. Luckily it’s tube strike-free-Friday tomorrow!

Have a lovely evening everyone!

Muah,


Roo xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment