Thursday 23 January 2014

Banana bread obsession

I have come to realise that an update on last weekend is and considering that another weekend is almost here, I guess I need to get my writing in gear…

Last weekend included a lot of last minute change of plans which didn’t make for the most productive or fun filled weekend but sometimes that is needed, I guess. After a much needed lie in and a relaxing Saturday morning, I headed out to Clapham Junction for lunch with Rosie at the Birdhouse. I have mentioned their amazing banana bread in a previous post and having endlessly talked about it, we decided to cave in to some cake goodness. Having got to the Birdhouse, there was quite a wait for a table; the café isn’t huge and clearly we are not the only ones that are a fan of the place! Having eventually found a seat, me and Rosie both ordered corn fritters, smoked salmon, avocado and yogurt which was delicious. The combination of the foods was simple but oh-so-good and even with the corn fritters being fried, didn’t feel too unhealthy therefore for dessert we of course had banana bread. After a lovely catch up and with our bellies overfilled with delicious food, I headed off to Westfield to find my brother a birthday present and spent my last gift vouchers on the Fred Perry barrel bag that I’ve been coveting. I got home quite shattered and had a lovely me-evening with a long bath and a Sherlock catch up.
Sunday may have been my laziest day on record. I spent most of the morning watching rubbish telly on the sofa. Eventually I got myself up and out of the house to do my weekly food shop. My afternoon was rather domesticated; it was spent making the most delicious beef stew I have ever had (even if I do say so myself) and doing laundry and various household tasks. Having made plans for the evening, I had to head out into the freezing cold to Camden Town. The evening was spent in Bar Solo which was a bit surreal; being in a bar on a Sunday night – with really loud music and only a handful of people, sitting and chatting. I had a lovely evening but returned home shattered and already dubious about Monday.
And now another working week is almost at an end (thankfully)! Although I’ve had a busy week, it has been super slow and I was incredibly glad when Edita asked if I wanted to meet up after work today. We headed up to Notes in Covent Garden for a drink and a much needed catch up. I mentioned Notes before too; this was my first time going there in the evening and I love it even more than in the day. It offers a cute, café feel, is relatively quiet and easy going and you have a choice of wine and coffee! 
What more could you want?!

That’s it from me. I have a busy weekend ahead of me, so hope to fill in on that soon!

Night night

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment