Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year!

I’ve been lucky enough to have a couple of days off work which were spent doing nothing impressive. I did some more shopping (far more successful and relaxing second time round), deep cleaned the flat, went out for some drinks with Natz and even ventured to Clapham Common which was disappointing. Everyone seems to have made a big deal of Clapham, so having never visited the place; I decided to trek up and see what all the fuss is about. And honestly, I just didn’t see it. It may have been the crappy whether, but I walked about, not finding a single café I wanted to sit and read in and so went home, underwhelmed to watch my new TV obsession (thanks to Steph), Sherlock.

Yesterday was of course the big end to 2013 and having celebrated several New Year’s Eves in central London, this year I decided to go for a far more mellow night in with some friends.  I had the best night! There was pizza, too much alcohol and great friends, equating to a wonderful night; reminding me that in spite of a couple of bumps in the year that was 2013, it has also been an amazing one, with plenty of changes, huge decisions and some amazing new friends, who I am very happy to have in my life.
I don’t really believe in New Year’s resolutions, so I am simply going to hope for a 2014 that is filled with friends, where my scary decisions finally pay off. Hopefully, the year will also prove to be more productive than the day I have had today, which was spent on the sofa, feeling rather fragile!
I wish I looked like this, this morning
Happy New Year, everybody!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment