Tuesday 14 January 2014

Rushing around

First and foremost, sincere apologies for the lack of blogging. My weeks have been incredibly busy and immensely stressful and although the weekends have been mellow, I have been hibernating from the world a little.

In the past couple of weeks, I haven't done much aside from survived the working week! However in the in midst of it all, I did manage to find a lovely little cafe in Brick Lane, called The Vintage Emporium. It was a cosy little cafe with old fashioned (and therefore very comfy) furniture and because I went late Monday evening it was very quiet. I didn't stay there long and stuck to one cappuccino and left quite soon but definitely intend to give the place another visit.
The weekend before last, myself and Rosie decided to make a return to Birdhouse in Clapham Junction for the best banana bread that either of us had had but found it to be closed for the holidays (sigh). So instead we mooched around and came across Babel. We got there for lunch but rather than having a proper meal, decided to share a couple of starters. Most of it was delicious but as most of it was deep fried (prawns and calamari) it was ever so slightly too greasy for my liking. Nevertheless, I loved the interior and being there on a Saturday afternoon, it was really nice and chilled.

After a horrid week at work, I spent this Saturday morning in bed, relaxing, searching the net and generally being lazy. Eventually I got myself up and out of the flat to meet Rosie for a walk in Hyde Park and enjoy the beautiful sunshine. We even decided to grab a glass of wine each and sit by the river during our catch up.
After another walk, we each went back home for a couple of hours, before came over to the flat for some dinner and a night out in Wimbledon. Having both had horrid weeks, we both drank too much, danced just enough and returned home shattered but having had a great night! Safe to say, Sunday was spent recovering!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment