Saturday 5 April 2014

Theatreland

After last weekend, the plan was to have a chilled week and fully de-flu myself (I have decided that is the correct medical term). That didn’t quite go to plan. I had a very busy week, both at work and out of it and although I started this weekend exhausted, it turned out to be great and flew by without me even realising!

Tuesday was dedicated to a gossipy catch up with Rosie. I brought myself and wine, whilst Rosie made some delicious fajitas. I had the nicest evening; as always with Rosie, the evening flew by as we spent chattering about absolutely everything, there never being enough time to cover everything! Still being a little under the weather, it was the perfect way to spend a Tuesday evening.
On Wednesday, my mum finally received her mother's day present; a trip to the theatre to see Les Miserables. Mum’s train was severely delayed, as were most trains to and from south east London so we had to settle on a quick dinner of sushi at Itsu with some frozen yoghurt for dessert. Although it wasn’t the meal I had in mind, as always Itsu’s food was delicious and we managed to find a quiet table and have a little catch up over dinner which was great. We then rushed off to Queens’ Theatre for the show. Both the theatre and the stage were a lot smaller than I thought it would be and the in the opening scene, the sound wasn’t quite right; the singing being slightly overpowered by the music but after the initial scene, everything was sorted and the show turned out to be absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! The music was as incredible as hoped, there were amazing effects during the war scenes (my mum jumped in her seat a couple of times) and by the end, there were sniffles all around and even a couple of men were seen shedding a tear or two. I was so glad I finally managed to see the production; it is by far my favourite so far and to top it off, my mum loved it just as much!
On Thursday I headed off to Clapham Junction for dinner and drinks with Frosty –my old housemate who I haven’t seen in a while and thought it high time to have a catch up with. We went for some Italian food at Osteria Antica Bologna. It was very understated inside, with a slight rustic feel which was slightly countered by the loud atmosphere inside. Although the menu offered the typical Italian options of pasta, pizza and some meat and fish dishes, there were some different twists to the classics such as Salmon Lasagne. I had a salmon, rocket and mango salad for starters (really nice and very different) and had pizza for mains, all which was quite delicious (and the pizza was huge!) It was a lovely evening and great to have Frosty back in London. I miss his no-nonsense straight talk which is quite a funny contrast to my girly, melodramatic approach!

I somehow managed to survive Friday with lots and lots of coffee and ever so slightly too much procrastinating. Having dragged myself to the gym, I later headed out to Piccadilly for dinner with C. We went to Chinatown which I hadn’t been to in absolutely ages! Dinner was had at the Royal Dragon where I went with one of the Chef's specials - Kung-Po’s chicken with cashews, with some rice. The chicken was really good and had a bit of a sweet kick to it which wasn’t too overpowering. The food was genuinely really good but the overly quick speed at which it was served made me question how fresh it actually was! A lovely meal and a bottle of wine later, me & C headed out to Covent Garden for a couple of drinks with Steph and friends, to celebrate Steph’s birthday. We went to a couple of pubs in the area, had a couple of chilled out drinks and even managed to catch the last tube home after a lovely Friday evening out.
Safe to say this has been a great week and I am absolutely shattered. I will do my best to relax for the weekend, but wouldn’t hold my breath on that actually happening…

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment