Tuesday 22 April 2014

Easter weekend

I hope everyone has enjoyed a lovely Easter, whether it was spent with family, friends or by their wonderful selves. Mine was the perfect combination of the three and turned out to be relaxing and quite enjoyable.

Whilst my housemates all used Good Friday to commence their travels, across the country and its borders, I enjoyed the peace and quiet and spent the day chilling out at the flat, sorting my room out, going for a run and cooking some lovely food (whilst catching up on The Hart of Dixie).

Failing to have a lie in on Saturday, I started my morning with a run and headed out into central for a quite relaxed day in and around Soho (really not quite so a great in the bleak, cloudy, smelly light of day) and Embankment. Having missed any decent showings at the BFI and National Theatre, I headed out to Wimbledon and enjoyed a quiet, relaxing walk through the village and eventually home. After a bit of a sit down, I packed my bags and headed out again, journeying up to my parents' with a pit stop to buy some apple and almond flan at Paul (amazing!!!!!!!!!!)
I didn't reach my parents' house till quite late in the evening, by which point my aunt and uncle from Worcester had already arrived. We spent the evening eating too much food (the Lithuanian way of life), drinking slightly too much and watching Saturday night telly. We ended up having a late night, having a family catch up and even entering the conversation of politics (mainly Russian and Ukranian) which was really quite lovely. My grandad always provided stories and information on the Cold War and Eastern European history and there was something quite poignant with my uncle filling this role now. Or maybe it's just the history geek in me...
Sunday presented even more eating and drinking. The day was completely unproductive but very relaxing and a perfect day to spend with the family. The plan had been to leave later that evening but having spent the day watching football (thanks to my brother) and drinking way too much Prosecco (thanks to mum), I was unwilling to leave the comforts of the sofa and spent another night there.

With an early start on Monday, I met up with Chloe mid journey and we headed back to my home. Having dropped our bags at the flat, we went for a slow, long walk up to Richmond park, enjoying the sunshine and having a little picnic on the way. When we could walk no more, we grabbed some ingredients from Sainsbury's, cooked up some lovely dinner and spent the evening in front of the telly, having a much overdue catch up.

Thankfully, I had today off work. The day was completely unproductive and mostly spent on the sofa, with the Big Bang Theory in the background and me and Chloe talking about anything and everything.

All in all it has been a fairly lovely weekend. If only they all lasted this long!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment