Tuesday 29 April 2014

Catch up time... with myself

The first couple of days back at work proved to be very busy and tiring. Having only been back for two days, I, along with everyone else in the office were relieved to have reached the weekend. Having made no major plans for the weekend, I decided to spend the days relaxing, sorting all sorts of stuff out and generally having me time. 

On Saturday, I had too long-a-lie-in and spent the day yawning (the irony) and feeling a bit bleurgh. After a chilled morning having breakfast, watching telly and sorting and tidying around, in the afternoon I headed off to South Kensington to meet Aurelija and her boys for a trip to the Natural History Museum. We spent much of the afternoon in the dinosaur area which the boys didn't find quite as interesting, as I hoped; their attention spams proving to be far too short that afternoon. After a mooch around, we grabbed some coffee at Cafe Nero (not my cafe of choice) which probably wasn't the best choice, given that we probably ruined most of the customers' relaxing afternoons with two noisy, screeching boys. After a somewhat hectic and stressful couple of hours, I headed home for a few hours in front of the telly and eventually got myself ready to head off to Rosie's. 
Having brought myself and wine, Rosie prepared a lovely dinner of chicken fajitas. After our catch-up, we started pre-drinking on wine and messing around on my phone (warning: after much-too-much wine, do not trust a friend with your tinder account!!!) Having postponed the taxi a couple of times, we eventually headed out to Fulham for some dancing at Mare Moto. We arrived very late (and in hindsight should have either added ourselves to the guest list or arrived earlier) but with a twist of luck and Rosie's amazing PR skills, we managed to get in. The place was busy and we just about managed to find a spot to dance in; the music was typical chart stuff. We managed to have the perfect balance of dancing and chatting and I had an amazing night out!
Thankfully, I woke up on Sunday feeling considerably better than I feared. Following a min lie-in, I got myself dressed and out of the house for a trip to Westfield which turned out to be incredibly disappointing. I specifically had put some money aside for some retail therapy and didn't buy a single thing. Not a thing!!!!! Following the disappointing lack of purchasing, I decided to stop off at Fulham and buy a week's worth of food (not all that satisfying) and even bought a coffee maker (really quite exciting). Once home, I spent the rest of my Sunday having a very domesticated evening which left me tired but really quite proud of myself! 

Overall, a rather successful (if only too short) weekend, if you ask me!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment