Monday 14 April 2014

Worcester visit

I made up for a not-so-great last weekend, a very busy week at work and very little sleep with a trip to Worcester this weekend to visit my gorgeous friend Bex.

The trip has been in our diaries for over a month now and typically, waiting for 5:30 on Friday proved to be rather painful. When the weekend did finally begin, I grabbed some dinner from Itsu, rushed off to Paddington and made it just in time for my Worcester-bound train. Bex picked me up from the station and both being shattered after very long weeks, we spent the evening catching up over everything until we were no longer able to concentrate and decided to go off to bed.

Saturday morning started early with coffee, breakfast and a drive up to, followed by a walk around Malvern Hills. The walk was really peaceful and lovely (may have been too early in the morning for others). I definitely knew I wasn’t in London from the very fresh air and the fact that fellow walkers wished ‘good morning’ as they walked by. The wind was really quite strong at the top of the hills, so after a little walk about, we headed back to the car (with very numb faces) and headed into Worcester centre for a little walk around and to replenish our energy with some delicious burgers at an American diner. The music was from the swinging ‘60’s, the waitress was wearing too much pale make-up, with a short pastel-coloured dress and mannequins of famous Americans from a couple of decades ago. Overall, it was a stereotypical diner and the burgers were delicious, so it was a very good lunch indeed.
After a quick trip back to Bex’s house for coffee and biscuits, we headed out again to watch a live rugby match: Worcester Warriors v Exeter Chiefs. Although I’ve been meaning to go to a live rugby match for a while now, this was my first trip and I managed to not only understand most of what was happening but had so much fun watching it. We had the best seats in the stadium thanks to Bex’s work having a suite in the stadium. The match proved to be quite exciting and Exeter ended up winning which left me happy (if not the rest of the stadium).
With the match over, we headed back up to Bex’s for dinner and an evening of getting ready for a night out on the town. I cannot recall the places we visited as I was pretty much being led around Bex and her friends but I had the best time! There was a lot of drinking and plenty of dancing which was really all that was needed.
With yet another early start on Sunday morning, me and Bex spent the morning on the sofa, watching rubbish telly, waiting for Dominos to open so we could order our large pizzas. We couldn’t help but be amused by the fact that this was exactly the same picture that would be painted after most nights out in Exeter and it could not have been more fitting for this little reunion.

After too much pizza and an amazing weekend (thanks Bex!), I got myself on the train to make my way back to the city.

After a quick food shop, I spent the morning sorting myself out and preparing for the week ahead, with a very early night.

Happy Monday, everybody!

Muah,


Roo xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment