Sunday 30 March 2014

Travel time

As mentioned in my previous post, I started my weekend with the flu. Not quite the start I was hoping for! I therefore tried to get my immune system back to its best with a long sleep, a healthy breakfast and a superfood juice. I did spend most of my morning in bed but had to venture out into Wimbledon to pick up some urgent post that wasn’t delivered earlier in the week. The trip to the Post Office turned out to be quite a mission but as the sun was shining and I walked at a crawling pace, it probably did me quite a lot of good. The trip did take it out of me though so I spent the afternoon on the sofa, having a lovely lunch and enjoying some rubbish telly.

In the late afternoon, I got myself ready and out of the flat to venture down to south east London to visit my parents and brother. I hadn’t been home in a while and it was the first time I stayed the night since Christmas so my mum went all out, making my favourite salad, one my favourite desserts and even had some sparkling wine ready which I couldn’t enjoy since I was taking some rather strong meds. I spent the evening vegged out on the sofa, catching up with my mum and brother which was absolutely lovely.  
Prepped and ready for a
2hr journey
I didn’t quite manage to have the lie I hoped for on Sunday, feeling absolutely cheated at having lost a whole hour, with the clocks being brought forward! I still failed to make the most of the time I did have as the day was spent in front of the sofa, watching Disney films with my mum (she has a bit of obsession with them). We had a lovely roast for lunch and eventually I decided to make the long trek back home. On the way, I stopped at Wholefoods to buy some superfoods, in the hope that that will help me get better sooner! I even managed a short and slow run in the evening which has made certain parts of me feel better!
Perfect time to go for a run...
It turned out to be a lovely weekend. It was great to spend Mother’s Day with my special, wonderful mum and although it wasn’t great to feel so rotten, it was probably exactly what I needed to slow me down and relax for a change!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mums out there!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment