Tuesday 18 March 2014

Rushing around the city

Yet again I must apologise for the lack of blogging. I’ve been a busy Londoner, so I’ll start with an update on last weekend.

On Saturday, I forced myself to go for a run (yay!) and spent most of the day relaxing and generally sorting myself out. In the afternoon, I headed up to Richmond for a walk by the river which was absolutely lovely whilst the sun stayed out and when it did go in, I managed to stay warm with a cup of coffee from one of the little cafes. I slightly lost track of time and ended up rushing home, ready to meet Chloe for a girls’ night. It was the perfect evening; we chatted, had dinner at the flat, pre-lashed and got ready for a night out at The Slug in Fulham. We ended up having a great night out; although a little further away from home to Wimbledon, I love The Slug in Fulham. It is still relaxed (with cheap drinks and decent -but set-list- music) but slightly more civilised and generally nicer. 
With limited sleep and too much drink, I woke up on Sunday a little worse for wear. Rather than cooking breakfast, me and Chloe headed up to Rubino across Southfields station for brunch (although it was so late, it could have easily just been plain lunch). We ordered panini’s and some starters – chips, calamari and garlic bread. We probably should have asked about portion sizes because in spite of our hunger, that proved to be far too much, albeit oh-so-good (aside from the calamari which was slightly under-cooked). After lunch, we grabbed a Starbucks to-go and walked around Wimbledon Park, enjoying the lovely sunshine! Having indulged in some people watching, we headed back to the flat and the spent the day watching telly, ordering take-out and generally having the perfect, relaxing Sunday with a wonderful friend!

The week proved to be slow. It was broken up a little with a trip to the theatre for Natz’s delayed birthday present; a viewing of Matilda. Natz has been trying to convince me to see the musical for the past 9 months but I continually said no since I really had no interest in it. But it being Natz’s birthday and one of the things she has wanted to do all year, me and Steph decided to buy tickets for her birthday. And I am so glad we did! The musical was absolutely amazing; the songs were great and the kid actors were incredible! Somewhat surprisingly, the play also managed to appeal to a large audience, since all the adults were laughing as much as the kids! It turned out to be a great evening out and most importantly, Natz seemed to have an amazing time too!
On Thursday, I had some impromptu after-work drinks with Rosie at B@1 in Covent Garden (I love happy hour!) It was a lovely, relaxing evening and great to have a catch up with her, as always.

Richard came down for the weekend, so on Friday after a quick trip to the gym, an even quicker visit of my mum at her work and a trip home, me and Richard went out for dessert at the Haagen-Dazs café in Leicester Sq. I had waffles with caramel and ice-cream which although very nice, was slightly overpowering (there was a lot of caramel) and definitely felt like diabetes on a plate. Richard had crepes with ice cream which I’ve had before and know to be absolutely delicious! Having had our sugar-fill, we decided to walk some of it off by walking around Southbank. I know I’ve said this before but there is genuinely no better view than London at night. It was the nicest end to the evening and the best start to the weekend…
Muah


Roo xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment