Sunday 12 May 2013

South African inspired weekend

I don't know about everyone else but I always find the week after a long bank holiday weekend feels  extra long. This week was one of those weeks and when the weekend finally arrived, I couldn't have been happier. I am happy to report that the wait was worth it since I had the most wonderful weekend.

I returned home on Friday to a group of people round the flat and the smell of delicious food. My housemate, Natz invited a couple of her friends round and decided to make make  a South African dinner (being South African herself) with some vetkoek (literal translation: fat cakes) some amazing desserts and plenty of wine. It was the nicest evening with great food and good company. The ideal start to the weekend!
On Saturday, most of the flat was in chaos with everyone getting dressed up for Rugby Sevens. Everyone bought their tickets before I moved in, so I didn't go but watched everyone get ready. It was hilarious to see everyone in their animal/tribe inspired outfits and sounds like everyone had a fabulous time so I absolutely intend to go next year!

Once they left, I had a lazy morning until my wonderful friend Katherine came over to see my new flat and to have a long overdue catch up. We had some coffee at the flat and then headed down to Wimbledon Village for some lunch, settling on a pub called The Dog & Fox. It didn't feel very pub-y since the interior was really nice with really gorgeous wallpaper and floor length curtains all around the room. The food was great too. After lunch, we headed back to the flat and shared a bottle of wine over some more catch up. Later in the evening, Katherine headed home and Natz decided to head out for some drinks and dancing in Wimbledon, inviting me along. We headed to the Slug which was crazy busy with everyone from Rugby 7s. Everyone was beyond drunk and the place was absolutely packed and horribly hot but despite all of that (and the stark naked guy in the middle of the dance floor!) it was a good night out. We didn't stay out too late but it was lovely to get out and unwind for a bit by dancing around.
Got to love coffee catch ups
As for today, after a delicious lie-in, I did some food shopping for the week and then me and Natz headed to Oxford Street so I could return some over-indulgent shopping from last week. And now, after a lovely lunch in the city, it's movie night time with some chick flicks, snacks and an early night to follow.

I hope everyone had an amazing weekend!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment