Monday 20 May 2013

Monday Blues

Having had a lovely, albeit hectic weekend, returning to work on Monday did not feel great. Although I've had another productive day at work, my insomnia at night, coupled with me feeling very ill towards the end of the evening has meant that I didn't have the best start to the week. However, not wanting to be completely negative, I will give a quick summary of my rather successful weekend: it involved a lot of catching up with friends. 
I thought this quite fitting..
After my wonderfully lazy start to Saturday, Edita came over for a visit. We had a lovely (and much needed) catch up over some food, wine and more food (and Eurovision in the background - which I feel quite ashamed to admit in writing). 

Although Edita slept over rather than trekking down all the way to East London, she left quite early on Sunday, leaving me to laundry, food shopping and cleaning. In the afternoon, I ran to meet my uni friend, Rosie (who I haven't seen since graduation!) at Clapham Junction. We spent hours in a little cafe, catching up over the last year of our lives. In fact, we were there so long, we were given a bowl of pistachios on the house - random but oh-so-lovely! That left me with enough time to have dinner and watch What Happens in Vegas with Natz - a perfectly relaxing end to a very rushed weekend. 
A lot of this was needed this weekend
And now that Monday is over and I am feeling a little better, I am going to head off to bed, hope for a better Tuesday and will be counting down the days to the long bank holiday weekend.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

Night 

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment