Monday 6 May 2013

Lovely food everywhere

I am a little embarrassed to admit that in spite of having lived in/near London for many years, I have never visited Borough Market. This weekend I fixed that.

After a busy week, with little sleep (completely inexplicable) my weekend started on Friday night at Roxy's. Me and Chloe made an impromptu decision to go out which started with me rushing around everywhere, fitting in a short gym session, only to rush home and try and eat and get ready in a short space of time. In the end, I had an amazing night, with plenty of dancing. Friday at Roxy's will definitely be one of my go-to nights for going out. I loved the atmosphere, the music was good and upon return, I still had the whole weekend to look forward to!

Saturday was a very mellow day which I mainly spent being lazy watching tv and doing some food shopping. The sunshine meant I was determined to leave the house though and eventually headed down to Borough Market which I fell instantly in love with. There was endless amounts of fresh, home made food, cute little cafes and a buzz all around, all thanks to the sunshine we've been having. It's a good thing that I already bought most of my food earlier in the day, otherwise I may have been tempted to buy half of the market's produce (may be a little difficult though since there was so much food!). I managed to limit myself and only bought a loaf of fresh bread which will last me quite some time (it's bigger than my head!) Leaving the market, I walked down Bankside and ended up by Southbank where I was faced with even more food with the Real Food Festival. Once again, there was plenty of food and drink everywhere, with far too much choice for me to handle. After an afternoon of walking in the sun, I finally finished the day with a movie night with my flatmate, Natalie with the Dark Knight and pizza. Yum.
As for Sunday, I had a very early start with a trip to a service for my Grandad who passed away two years ago. Members of our family ventured down to London and then my parents' home for a BBQ. It was a lovely, sunny day with plenty of food and wine. The perfect way to remember my wonderful grandfather, by bringing the family together.

Having spent the Sunday at my parents' I had a lazy Monday with even more food and tv. Eventually, me and my mum headed down to the city, mooching around London and enjoying the beautiful sunshine. I am now finally home, doing some washing, a bit of cleaning and getting ready for the week ahead. I could absolutely get used to three-day weekends. If only.... Sigh.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and have a great week to follow!

Muah

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment