Saturday 8 December 2012

Defeated by shopping


Once again, I must apologise for my horrendous blogging. It has been a little insane. With my last week at my old job last week and my first week at my new job this week and Christmas fast-approaching, it has been a little overwhelming, with lots of stress, little sleep and even less time for blogging. Sorry!

To sum up the last two weeks in the life of Roo, I have been; Christmas shopping, working, Christmas shopping, working and Christmas shopping! In fact after the last couple of weeks, I have reached my limit and decided to buy the last couple of prezzies online because even though I am very comfortable with being in Oxford Street with tonnes of people, endless queuing and barging past, last week, I reached my limit and think it’s better for my sanity to steer clear of the place!
Been feeling a little like this
Having said that, no one can deny that the London streets are beautiful around this time of the year. With all the shops and streets decorated, there was even some fake snow down on Bond Street! In my optimistic Christmas spirit, I even gave St Christopher’s Place another try, when I had a catch-up with Jess and we found a very lovey Italian restaurant (the ultimate comfort food when it’s cold outside). The place was called Olivelli – the tiniest little restaurant right inside St Christopher’s place with delicious pasta! I was really rather impressed by it and it was the perfect meal after the stress of Christmas shopping! On top of that, my wonderful friend Hung had organised a little indoor shopping event in the Vibe Gallery which me and Jess gave a visit. It was in an art gallery, with a few set up stalls of really cute jewellery, clothes and some delicious-looking cakes. I think my style is a bit basic (maybe a little girl-next-door) but for anyone looking for something individual and unique: it's perfect! I will be absolutely keeping an eye out for any other events at the gallery – I think it may soon be one of Bermondsey’s little treasures!

Jess, yours truly and Hung
Anywho, it’s time for me to leave the house for a little fresh-air. I really will try to keep you better updated with my little posts!

Hope everyone has a Christmas-spirited, wonderful weekend!!!!


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment