Sunday 23 December 2012

Friendly catch-up

Earlier this week, I took off a (legitimate and approved) day off work, to meet up with my lovely friend Bex who came down for a visit from Worcester. It was the perfect day to catch up and get into the Christmas spirit. Unfortunately, I had a blonde moment and although I took a camera, it had no batteries (I blame the Christmas-crazy and not my own stupidity for that!) which means that I had to rely on google for some pictures. Sorry!

Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park was our first stop. I haven't had the opportunity to give the place a visit for  two years, so I was very excited to venture down there. There was lots Christmas music, along with some mulled wine (yum), hot chocolate (Bex's choice) and churros. Sadly, it was still a little disappointing. There weren't a lot of people which was probably a good thing but it took a little away from the atmosphere. But, we managed to stay dry whilst we were strolling around wonderland, so we were happy.



Our next stop was Harrods. Apparently Bex has a tradition of heading down to Harrods whenever she's in London, so we of course had to keep up the tradition!  And honestly; I was so impressed with Harrods' window displays: it was Disney themed! Each window had a different Disney princess, dressed in amazing ball gowns! It was stunning! After admiring the windows, we headed inside which was filled with tourists, beautiful bags, shoes and dresses and it was lovely to walk around. I forgot how long it has been since I gave Harrods a visit!
This was by far my favourite dress!


Upon leaving Harrods, that is when all the rain started. So we spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find shelter; heading to Wagamama for lunch, down to St Paul's and New Change for some shopping - which was so nice and quiet; a complete change from the craziness of Oxford Street! We finished the day off with a trip to Bea's of Bloomsbury for some coffee and cake which was a lovely and relaxing end to the day! I had a wonderful day, catching up with a wonderful friend. I got home exhausted but filled with Christmas cheer!


Muah,


Roo xx


P.s. I hope you like the new look of the blog! Finally managed to figure out how to change it all. Took some time, but got there in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment