Sunday 9 December 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I am very excited (and relieved) to announce that I have officially bought all of my Christmas presents! Yes, I can now stop stressing out about what to buy, when to buy it and how to survive the Christmas craziness.

The Christmas feeling started on Friday, when we had a work Christmas dinner. It was nice to meet everyone properly, in a relaxed atmosphere, in the most random, un-Christmassy place ever; the Red Dog Saloon. It's an American BBQ place in Hoxton and although quite a trek (with the tube station quite far away), the food was really good. They even had "The Devastator" which was this crazy burger with lots of sides and a milkshake - which you had to eat in 10 minutes to get your meal for free. Whilst I wasn't crazy enough to try it - a few of the guys did (but sadly failed to eat it within the time limit) - I settled on an ordinary (but very nice) burger and some margaritas.
The Devastator
The rest of the weekend, I spent sleeping. I don't know what came over me, but I think that this week has been more stressful than I realised because I seemed to be unable to do anything other than sleep and had lie-ins on Saturday and Sunday (a rarity for me). However, I did venture out to the Stratford Westfield, to purchase the last Christmas presents and had a quick catch up with Edita. I also bought some lovely shoes for myself (two pairs in fact) which left me very very happy. And no, I do not have a shoe problem (but yes, I am in complete denial).
This was me: minus the cat and far less glamorous
As for Sunday, I met up with Jess for a catch-up over coffee and spent the rest of the day, putting up the Christmas tress and wrapping up all the prezzies. And now, it's time to start making plans for New Year's Eve, which I had put on the back-burner, too focused on Christmas!

Our lovely Christmas trees, with all of my presents
wrapped and ready for Christmas day

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment