Sunday 16 September 2012

Relax and eat up

I have no London-adventure to share with you all this weekend but had a very lovely couple of days which, as always, I am going to share with you :)

I made no specific plans for my free couple of days so when Edita and Donatas invited me for a "barkanas" (a.k.a auto-correct's version of  a barbecue) I accepted their lovely offer and ventured out to Upton Park. I say 'venture out' because now that the Olympics/Paralypics are over, London transport has once again become a mess and I toured half of London before reaching them.

Anyway, we had some yummy chicken, salad and dips, plenty of alcohol and entertaining chatter too, so rather than venturing back home, I stayed over at Edita and Donatas'. After breakfast, I decided to head back to Central London to my absolute favourite food store: Wholefoods! I went to the Piccadilly store (which moved and expanded since my last visit) and stocked on some yummy (supposedly healthy) food. Whenever I'm at the place, I want to buy everything but managed to limit myself to some snack-foods.


I returned home to a lovely roast dinner and for dessert decided to bake a "Grape Harvest Cake" which I saw on the Wholefoods website - I have never had a cake with grapes, so I thought I would try it out and was quite happy with the result. However, as yummy as the cake was, I would definitely make some changes next time, including using less butter to what the recipe says and actually following directions on the size of the baking tray (mine was quite big and flat and some of the grapes weighed down and fell out of the base of the cake).

If you would like to try the recipe out for yourself, here's the website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2831

Now as for the rest of my Sunday evening watching tv, enjoying my cake and reading a little.




Hope you all enjoy your weekend.


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment