Sunday 9 September 2012

Being a tourist in London


This Saturday, I had a visit from my wonderful cousin Greta who has spent the summer here in England but whom I have only managed to see now – good timing since she’s returning to Lithuania in a couple of weeks. As a result, I thought the best way to spend the day was to visit the typically touristy London places and enjoy the stunning weather (my jumper post may have been slightly premature) with Greta and my little (but taller-than-me) brother Rudy.

We started the day off with a trip to Tower Bridge. I have seen posters for the Thames Festival all around the city, so we decided to have a look to see what was on offer. I am not really sure what I thought about it. I have always loved the walk from Tower Bridge all the way down  to Southbank and I thought the festival would make it even better but really, all there was were a couple of stalls selling cold beverages, a huge variety of food and a few shows. It made the walk by the river more pleasant, I guess but I honestly wasn’t particularly impressed. I think I expected more mini-shows with dance and music etc. Nevertheless, it was lovely to be walking in the sunshine, having a peek at all the different stalls.
Me on my tiptoes + Greta crouching = the first time in
years I am taller than my "little" cousin 



After all that walking, we headed down to Wagamama’s at Covent Garden. I have always loved the place and was determined to try something new –I chose the firecracker: chicken and veg in a spicy sauce with sticky rice. I am usually quite good at dealing with spice so I thought I would be brave and go for it – even after the waitress asked me if I was sure I wanted to order that because it was really spicy. Anyway, the moral of the story is that it’s always good to try something new because the food was really good (and spicy)!

Following the big, delicious meal (and three food babies) we headed down to Leicester Square, the M & M store (always puts a smile on my face) and then had some frozen yoghurt at Green Park. All in all, we returned home with filled bellies, lots of vitamin D (from the sunshine) and very tired feet. A.k.a. a great Saturday in London!

Sisterly love
Yummy fro-yo!
Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment