Saturday 26 October 2013

Dance a little, walk a lot

So the weekend has already had a successful start and it's still only Saturday night!

After a busy yet super slow week, I went to an unplanned, rather last minute gig at Hammersmith Apollo to see the Goo Goo Dolls. I have to be honest, I only know two of their songs and whilst always thought they were a pretty cool, I never actually listened to a whole album of theirs. Anyway, it turns out The Goo Goo Dolls are awesome! Considering their music career has spanned over a couple of decades, they played a really good mix of their old stuff and songs off their most recent album. The atmosphere was great and we were really close to the front, without getting squashed. I had an amazing night and will definitely be putting more Goo Goo Dolls songs on my i-pod!
This morning I had a bit of a (much needed) lie-in and woke to breakfast already being on my plate (yum). Now before I go any further, I have a confession to make (which I am not sure I should admit to since according to my page views, people from all over the world read this blog): I can't ride a bike. Yes, it's a little weird but it seems to bother everyone else so much more than me. Anyway, Natz has made it her mission to teach me to ride a bike and chose today as the day to start this mission. I will not go into too much detail and say it was not successful. At all. And I'm pretty sure I embarrassed myself in front of everyone at Wimbledon Park.
In Roo's world, riding a bike does not 
look this serene or elegant!
After that less-than-fun experience, me and Richard ventured up to Richmond Park. We decided to be active and walk all the way which involved walking up to Wimbledon Common, across a gorgeous, long forest and up to Richmond Park. It was a windy day but aside from that, the weather was lovely and the endless walk really made me appreciate this gorgeous city in the autumn.We even managed to see some deer at the park which seemed a bit of a surreal experience considering we were in a park. In London (admittedly though there were times when I completely forgot I was in London). A cappuccino kept us nice and warm in the park and after yet more walking we decided to get the bus to Putney for some dinner at Wagamama (which is always good).
And now, I am back in our cosy little flat, with the telly on in the background, trying to make myself leave this very comfy sofa and get myself ready for an impromptu night out in Wimbledon with Chloe.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday night!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment