Tuesday 4 June 2013

Relaxing weekend? Complete fail

For the last couple of weeks, I have been intending to have lazy, relaxing weekends. As my posts probably suggest, that hasn't happened. So for the weekend just gone, I made absolutely no plans, assuming that would mean I'd have to be lazy. Long story short: I failed. Majorly. And now for the long story... 

Friday started off perfectly with a catch up over lunch with my friend Kelly. I know her from my old work and after our numerous failed attempts to try and plan a catch up, we finally penciled in a pub lunch. The weather was gorgeous and the food was pretty good too - we met on Chancery Lane, it being half way between both of our offices - and it turned out to be a perfect Friday lunch. The evening was more than a little manic, with me rushing off to the gym, only to rush back home, dump my bags and leave again with Natz to head into the city. We met some of Natz's friends at a pub, The Counting House (trivia: it used to be a bank). After a couple of drinks, we had a delicious Indian dinner at Bangalore. I had never been there before but the food was delicious and the interior was quite cool and non-traditional, with geometric wallpaper. After the very filling dinner, some of the guys headed home while the rest of us headed to Agenda - a city club. The music wasn't really the type of music I like to dance to but since it was free entry and it was so close to the restaurant, it turned out to be quite a nice, fun start to the weekend. 
My delicious Biryani looked a lot like this
On Saturday, I managed to have a relatively relaxing morning and afternoon, whilst at the same time being quite productive. Having tidied my room, I spent most of the day in the living room, with the French Open on in the background and my laptop in front of me - I did quite a lot of research into law firms to try and figure out which ones I really want to work for - a very tedious task made better with some tennis watching. In the evening, me and Natz planned to go to a beer garden for a couple of relaxing drinks but by the time we sorted ourselves out, the sun had gone in and we thought better of it. I planned to stay in but after numerous attempts, Natz convinced me to head up to Wimbledon for a "couple of drinks". That didn't quite go to plan. We met some friends at the Old Fizzle - a restaurant/bar. I had a great evening as there was endless live music, so we just danced around and had a couple of drinks, meeting quite a few new people too (mostly Natz's friends). Me and Natz then left to go to the Slug (and interesting place and not so different from what it was like during the Rugby 7s) and on it's closing we went to Watershed - yet another club. All in all, it was a long night with lots of dancing. 
Safe to say, Sunday was spent recovering. This involved pizza and Disney films - the perfect Sunday! I felt a bit bad since the weather was gorgeous and we were spending the day indoors (with the exception of my trip to the supermarket) but I managed to have a somewhat relaxing Sunday. Kind of. 

I would like to say that I am hoping to have a lazy weekend this upcoming weekend but the last couple of fails make me only half-hopeful. 

Hope everyone has a great week and enjoys this beautiful weather that we've been having!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment