Sunday 30 June 2013

Wimbledon weekend

Another successful weekend has come and gone. And to top it all off, with Friday off, it was extra-long!

I booked Friday off so that I could take my brother to Wimbledon for the day. Living in Southfields, even if I wanted to (I don’t), I couldn’t ignore the fact that Wimbledon was in full swing. All week long, the area has been crazy busy with people queuing and walking to and from the grounds. This made for a less than easy walk to the flat from the station, with me trying to push past the endless amounts of people. It turns out I picked one of the worst days to go since it was raining most of the day. We had a very early start to the day (5am!!!), queued for about 5hours and once we got into the grounds, it started raining. We managed to see some play (Haas v Wang and Brown v Mannarino) so it turned out to be a successful (and incredibly expensive) day. We returned home (within 10 minutes) absolutely exhausted!
You can't mention Wimbledon without
strawberries (and cream)
After a very long sleep, me and my little brother headed out to play a game of tennis at the park. The weather was stunning (I even managed to get a decent tan) and we didn’t even have to pay for a court, since they had a special events day, with activities and coaches, encouraging people to play tennis. We left the courts hot and exhausted, had lunch and then I dropped Rudy off at the station. I returned home to BBQ preparations (making the most of the gorgeous warm weather). Having bought half of Sainsbury’s supplies, we spent the evening chilling out in the garden with a couple of friends, enjoying amazing food and a few too many drinks. We even headed out for a night of dancing in Wimbledon town centre, all equating to a fab night!
Feeling a little worse-for-wear this morning we lounged around in the living room before heading out at Rubino. We all had Panini’s in the sun (managing to grab the last outside seats) which were lovely but the service was a bit slow. The rest of my day has been incredibly productive: I bought food for the week, did laundry, tidied the garden (a little), cleaned my room and the whole flat and enjoyed the rest of the day in the garden, taking in the sun.
Summer!!!!
Safe to say, I had an amazing weekend which has been topped off by Bex deciding to come for a visit at the end of July which I am already incredibly excited about!!!!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Muah


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment