Sunday 9 June 2013

A walk (or two) in the park

Another successful weekend has come and gone and it came to an end with the perfect Sunday.

Saturday morning was a little mental, with me running around (and getting a little lost), running errands - it was a little more stressful than I cared for but I managed to sort out what I needed, leaving me to enjoy Saturday afternoon with my cousin Aurelija and her two little boys.

We met at Green Park and after buying a loaf of bread to feed to the ducks, we headed to St James's Park for a walk. The boys were running around, chasing pigeons and squirrels and feeding the (rather aggressive) ducks whilst me and Aurelija managed to have somewhat of a catch up. We had lunch at Inn the Park which I last visited about 10 years ago with my parents (changed quite a bit since). I had lamb stew which was actually rather nice (if a little overpriced). After some more walking around and the kids playing around in the little playground, I headed home and had a lazy evening at home, watching films.
Today, I had a lovely lie-in, following which I headed to Notting Hill for a catch up with Chloe. We walked down Portobello Road, mooching past the shops and down to Gourmet Burger Kitchen for a light lunch and then to Paul Rhodes cafe for a very long catch up over coffee and cake. Although the weather wasn't great today (far too much wind and not enough sun) we walked around Kensington Gardens, all the way up and around Hyde Park, wandering aimlessly and enjoying the fresh air and (relative) quietness. I had the best day, with a wonderful friend and am now feeling more than a little tired and not at all ready to start the new week.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment