Friday 2 November 2012

Busy eating cake

Firstly I would like to apologise for not having written in a while (I feel like its been forever). Life has been a bit hectic over the last week or so, although in an exciting way. So, I shall start from the beginning...

I had fully intended to spend last weekend exploring a bit more of London but that completely failed when, on  completing my working day on Friday, I fell ill with a cold. I had a cold, coupled with something else which left most of my body in pain: not a good combination and certainly not the way I pictured my weekend! On top of that, that was the weekend that my mum started renovating my brother's room from top to bottom. This included a trip to Ikea and since she needed some help, I managed to bundle up and head out with her to land of furniture. I am pretty sure that we bought half of everything Ikea owned, but that was bound to happen, really. The weekend was spent trying to assemble the many many items that were delivered -  my dad doesn't have a DIY bone in his body so all the assembling was left to me and my mum (turned out for an interesting couple of days, that's for sure). As a result, for most of the week, having finished work me and mum tried to put some kind of Swedish furniture together. All in all, it made for a very tiring week! The room is almost finished now, but with a few touches left to finish off, I will post some pictures of the room in the next post!
I looked a bit like this last weekend. Except my nose was
redder, my skin was blotchy and my hair  was frizzy!
After this crazy week, today turned out to be quite a treat - exactly what a Friday should be like, if you ask me! My mum came down to my work, having finished hers in Victoria - greeting me with a Starbucks Toffee Nut Latte (the red cups are back and that means only one thing: Christmas is absolutely on its way!) after which we headed out for some food. I have been very impressed with Chilango - the Mexican place that I mentioned in an earlier post - so we headed out there for some lovely food - the perfect food for dealing with the cold weather outside. Following that, we decided to head to a cafe for some cupcakes for dessert. I have known Bea's of Bloomsbury to be quite popular here in High Holborn and I have been dying to go, so I took my mum there and it did not disappoint! We each had a passion fruit cupcake (quite an unheard of combination) which was so good! I will absolutely head out there for some more cake-tasting :)
+= HAPPY

Speaking of cake, earlier in the week I had tried out another cake place which again I have continually walked past and wanted to give a try: Konditor & Cook. I tried a banana walnut cake for a little mid-week treat and it was delicious! They seemed to have some gorgeous-looking savoury food too, so that will be on my try-out list! So after my cake-feasting week, I promise to be healthy this weekend and will soon inform you of all the happenings in my life over the next couple of days!

Enjoy your weekend all!


Muah,


Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment