Sunday 14 October 2012

Swan Lake


I spent yet another day in Covent Garden this Saturday.  But there was a reason behind this: after months of waiting (with tickets in my drawers), the night of the Swan Lake performance at the Royal Opera House finally arrived!

I bought the tickets for my mum as a birthday present, so we decided to make an evening out of it. I made the mistake of googling ‘restaurants in Covent Garden’ – which gave me a gazillion results. I eventually picked out a French restaurant, two minutes away from the Opera house: Palm Court Brasserie. We had the three-course pre-theatre menu and the food was really good! I was so impressed!

After dinner, we made the trek to the Opera house (for a whole two mins). I had no idea what to wear for the evening and after doing some more google-research (I find it’s a good and cheap teacher), I was told that people wore everything from jeans and a t-shirt to ball gowns. I however, refused to wear jeans and a t-shirt when the opportunity to dress up was presented to me, so I went with a blue cocktail dress and so black heels (along with my winter coat - for the first time this season). The performance itself was amazing. I had never been to ballet before and wasn't quite sure what I would make of it, but I thought it was so beautiful, with amazing music and dancing! 



Safe to say, I had a great evening (as did my mum!) and I would definitely like to make another trip down there some time, as the performance created a great first impression!

Off to the O2 now, to celebrate Chloe’s (belated) birthday!

Muah,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment